or Connect

Posts by Shoe City Thinker

Chester Jefferies Cheltenham, deerskin with curly lambskin lining. Custom made.
Nothing as long as you can rock it. You really have to have the bookish/nerdy personality (and career) to pull it off. If my alpha male boss tried it, would be laughable. If the tax accountant in the NYC office tried it, would rock it.
My dad died three years ago to the day. Nothing I did was good enough for him. Still seeking validation of my self-worth.Current boss reminds me of him. Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
I know what my strengths are: infrastructure, communicating, and soft skills. DevOps is a hybrid of software development and IT infrastructure. However I can't code my way out of a paper bag as I've had a serious phobia of programming that I had to face in order to be in this role. Part of the problem is the last time I tried doing DevOps it was at a company that turned the experience into a nightmare and a disaster. I try to remind myself that I'm in a better situation...
In case this IT situation goes pear shaped, looking at alternatives. How does one become a haberdasher and are there career growth opportunities out there? Can you make a liable middle-class life from it? How does one start?
I'm 38 and act as a liaison between software development and the IT infrastructure operations team. I'm also the deskside IT support ninja for our field office. The new guy is a developer god and my boss (a coder) is allover him like a JAB clearance suit. Today the boss make the new guy the "go to guy" and asked him to do things I've normally being doing for 6 months.
Srsly. Besides CJ (had quality issues) and Ansell, who else? Madova? Southcombe? Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4
We have this new guy on our team whom the boss is developing a bromance with. The new guy is better at some things I do. I feel threatened but don't know how to deal with this. Help.
If you can manage it, get out to Cragie on Main which is in Cambridge. Boston is a town that wants to be a city (in geographic terms). You can get to most places by walking and using the T.
It's that time of year. Looking for a maker that has a rather tight fit for a 8.5. Who would offer this?