or Connect

Posts by Guero

Quote: Originally Posted by Ianiceman Nice colour combo. I may be in a minority here (won't be the first time! ) but I don't understand the acceptance/praise that this form of tie knot gets on SF. A traditional FIH would look much better IMO. Exposing the inner loop may seem like an affectation of higher style but to me it just looks like you don't know how to tie a tie properly. I agree with Ianiceman, but, like EAP, also like the "body"...
Quote: Originally Posted by NORE Iunno, something about that reminds me of dudes who put lllM badges on 318s. I hear what you're saying, but the only thing in common may be the nomenclature -- at least as provided by kolecho. I assure you once you've handled a Vass shoe you'll see that it's not trying to imitate any other shoe. And though I've never worn EGs, I've handled them a few times (yes, I was drooling) and can tell you that at least...
Quote: Originally Posted by elgreco hey, can any Stateside guys let me know about how long it took between time of order and receipt of item? I've ordered shoes twice and each time it took not much more than a week. I was amazed, but not entirely surprised.
Quote: Originally Posted by Edgar Allan Pwn Thanks for the feedback all. I have a hard time photographing this tie. It is quite loud, but I definitely wouldn't call it "retina-burning" when seen in person. I'd like to ask though, how would you guys try to make it work? Any general suggestions as far as shirt pairing? One for the lurkers . . . you've seen three or four comments about the tie (here and in other threads) and yet you...
Anecdotally, (I have yet to have Nick make my first suit, though he does an extensive amount of tailoring for me), he is the best option in Houston. I introduced a well known SFer to Nick and I believe he agrees that Nick has the chops. Nick has bolts of fabric on site, but more importantly he has rows and rows of books from which you can choose among the best fabrics. He is personally involved with every phase of construction. In fact, you'll often find him at his...
Quote: Originally Posted by fritzl the trees are criminal. It's actually a make-shift tree, a small PVC dowel inserted against paper wadding in the toe. Considering that the shoes don't come with trees, I was very impressed with this method of preserving the shape until the shoes show up and you can insert your own trees. Alan informed me that they're hoping to get trees in the shop soon, but Carmina doesn't offer lasted trees, which, he...
Quote: Originally Posted by illyni Wow, I get the email, rush to the site and they're all out of half the pants in my size Anyone know whether there's another restock on the way? +1. I didn't even get the e-mail. After weeks of checking the site I take a short vacation and wouldn't you know it . . . .
Quote: Originally Posted by gazman70k Muji is my spezz. Don't worry, I picked up 2 dozen Pantherella from Sierra Trading @ 10 US pesos a piece (shipping inclusive). Dammit, so you're the one that kept taking them out of my shopping cart!! (I do kind of dig the Muji socks with that bird's eye and those shoes, though).
Make sure to view the associated slide show. Interesting photos.
If you're looking for menswear, Capra & Cavelli on 35th between Lamar and Mopac is your best bet, and even stocks boots from Ron Rider. There's another shop called Keepers, which I think has a small location in the Hilton, but is not as good as C&C. A smaller place off Lamar near campus does a fair amount of MTM programs, including Hamilton shirts. I highly recommend them. I don't recall the name of the shope off-hand. On the more casual side, definitely check out...