or Connect

Posts by ginlimetonic

Quote: Originally Posted by mrphrog Does anyone know I can get bespoke wallets from Zee's? What price will I be looking at for may a croc / ostrich wallet? Thanks! standard croc wallet starts at $500. asked a few weeks ago. Apparently theres difference between belly/tail/back croc skin- so judge for yourself. He only has black and light colors like tan. I wanted a dark brown one...but was not there- needed to be custom ordered. so no...
what part of your income goes towards clothing? I think to the regulars here, its > recommended 10% of remuneration which goes towards grooming.
Quote: Originally Posted by rjakapeanut a black suit which fits me very well (i got this first because it was good value and i needed it for a funeral), i thought it was a rule of thumb, dont' wear black suits unless its a wedding or a funeral?...
Quote: Originally Posted by marc37 l love those style of shoes. l have afew Pradas that look like those. The problem is that they are only average quality (not bad though). l say; wear them with your suits to the bank. There is nothing wrong with those. to be honest, I've quite new to shoes but i find them very plain and boring. If you're buying Prada or Gucci, its 95% goes to buying the label and 5% goes to quality and craftsmanship
How bout sourcing from fashion labels in Ginza? A decade or two ago, it was japanese culture for people to buy clothes- in installments. They'd buy clothes so expensive that tey had to make multiple payments to own it. Tokyo is easily the trendest city in the world (not talking baout the wider japan, perhaps certain districts in tokyo like shibuya, shinjuku, akiba). So perhaps ... when in Rome, do as the Romans?? that being said, its hard to go wrong with the...
should you fold your hand carry suits in half (and zip it up)? never tried but does it wrinkle your suits? i wonder if any poor soul had stuffed too many shoes/suits deemed too heavy for handcarry...and had it sent by cargo. I can imagine a 25kg piece of samsonite squashing some folded savile row suits and JMWeston shoes.... now thats probably hurting my imagination more than the 1.5yr recession so far.
Quote: Originally Posted by Bergdorf Goodwill No, it's way better to rumple your jacket horribly. If you unbutton anything, you'll really piss off the group of 170 year olds dining adjacent to you. gosh.. whats the line of clothing for 170 year old centerian-geriatrics?
zee's is $1500 last time i checked in 2 weeks ago for my first pair of french kid/calf skin.
in summary, you can tell a man by his shoes...
Quote: Originally Posted by Journeyman If their clothes fit you, you should get to Uniqlo. Their XL shirts and jackets should fit you around the chest, but the sleeves might be a bit short. Trousers and jeans usually go up to a size 38, particularly in the stores located in areas with more non-Japanese residents. Uniqlo have chino pants, jeans, button-down oxford cloth shirts, more formal business shirts, odd jackets in a variety of patterns, colours...