or Connect

Posts by ginlimetonic

i heard for fused canvasses, a few dry cleans will kill the glue and 'unfuse' the jacket
I'm sorry to hear that. I still have to know a real life example of girlfriend or significant other throwing red wine on a shirt. at least its not a suit that got dirtied... speaking of which, anyone know how to clean bird excretement off a suit? I saw it on a gentlemen the other day on the street hoho...
Friday nights is heavy for me as well. AFter a hard days work.. nothing beats the stress by drinking with friends and sleeping in on the weekend.
Quote: Originally Posted by Paerra I'm surprised to see so many anti-smoking advocates here; as if there weren't enough anti-smoking literature and propaganda already available in the media circuits. The fact of the matter is that smoking delivers undeniable benefits to its users. As a drug, it provides a potent buzz comparable to few others. In social gatherings, smoking can act as a link between strangers, and the mere act itself can bring people...
well try the green book or dining red book michelin guide? THey may very well suit your high class needs
well done, i don't like salmonella. But i like the "amai tamago" - sweet japanese style rolled up fried eggs.
Give to homeless except to those in Hong Kong. People on the street are professional beggars. They come in on tourist visas from China and make more money begging off the streets of central business/banking districts. In Sydney a few years back I once saw a poorly dressed beggar pull out a QWERTY phone, and my eyes popped out!!.. stolen?? Edit: also popular in Sydney are those "I need $ for the train fare.." And giving to large charaties isn't any better either. Look at...
Quote: Originally Posted by Xiaogou You make some good points. However, what separates HK from all other Asian cities is the British influence and all that the Brits did for HK as a whole. Also, a lot of the success that HK has would not be possible without Guandong. most of the british influence is unwelcomed in china's point of view. Toilet cleaners moved to HK and became Managers for the sole reason they spoke english prior to 97'...
my limited experience w. tailoring shirts in HK- its a hit and miss. If you're experienced to tell out swatches of fabric, then you can pick good fabric. That leaves you with the problem of tailoring quality- specify, and respecify your details (e.g. removable collar stays, tapered waist etc.) I had OK tailoring from my tailor, but still not expert on whether cloth is good- i think its ok, its quite smooth to the touch, not too thick for summer and yet doesn't wrinkle...
Quote: Originally Posted by benjamin831 Hong Kong people have the means to high-end wardrobe but lack the taste to create a focused and well-executed ensemble. As usual, Hong Kongers understood the style, but not the substance. You will see many of them shamelessly flashing Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Cartier, and Prada without any understanding of the brand or its connotations. the subculturee is the brand names themselves. HK people...