or Connect

Posts by ginlimetonic

Quote: Originally Posted by Fishball Hmmm, I think you are talking Leung So Kee, their HK Island shop was closed more than 10 years ago. Their Kowloon shop still doing business. HK and Kowloon shops run by "different" (same So family but different generations split) family.They did make umbrella by hand many many years ago (no longer handmade), but never at US$200 level, more like HK$200. I used to have one when I was a kid, more than 25 yrs ago. That was...
how about the new 5th Avenue that AE rereleased.. what do you think of that shoe.. (asking because i'm relatively new here)
Quote: Originally Posted by Fishball Hmmm, I think you are talking Leung So Kee, their HK Island shop was closed more than 10 years ago. Their Kowloon shop still doing business. HK and Kowloon shops run by "different" (same So family but different generations split) family.They did make umbrella by hand many many years ago (no longer handmade), but never at US$200 level, more like HK$200. I used to have one when I was a kid, more than 25 yrs ago. That was...
if its black tie- that means tux and dress shirt, period. that 'great shop' in montreal must not stock tuxedos and trying to push a zegna onto you. i'm still new, but from what i've read- if you're ever going to wear a tux mroe than once, its better to spend a bit of money to buy, than rent a horribly fitting, cheap tuxedo.
Quote: Originally Posted by hopelessmannequin the pants make my bum look AMAZING, the guys here would like pictures. Their wives think they're funny dressing up and sharing pictures with other guys. I have a funny feeling you'll fit right in ...
Quote: Originally Posted by a tailor no, a tailor is not in philly he is here in illinois . its me. yours truly?
Heard from mom theres a shop in Hong Kong that makes hand made umbrellas- a family business running a couple of generations. Its very sturdy, about US$200 and comes with lifetime warranty. Unfortunately it was a dying breed and i think they closed up shop last year.
charcoal comes in lighter and darker tones.. this color is for all purpose events. navy pinstripe seems more professional?
Re: Isn't this bad economy supposed to help us out? when you buy, you're helping the economy. its this way around. besides, many retailers aren't slashing prices as its still not going to drive up their profit.
white shirt, navy tie? black shoes... looks professional.