or Connect

Posts by Polonius

Quote: Originally Posted by SG-22 Been lurking around here for a while now and first off can I say a BIG thank you to everyone that takes part in this inspirational thread. This is my first offering, I think a tie would definitely smarten this look up but since I'm new to all this I don't have that many to choose from. Please excuse the trousers they have yet to be altered in length. I'll only be posting occasionally since I don't wear a suit everyday...
Quote: Originally Posted by KObalto My first MTM. Please savage the fit for me. Don't know about the fit, but the pattern is awesome! What is it?
You might try buttoning both buttons, or just the lower one. The Duke of Windsor and President kennedy both had their suits made in a two button style similar to this. Kennedy buttoned both, and the Duke just fastened the lower one. Google photos of both of them and you'll see what I mean.
Quote: Originally Posted by mogultv It's a wonderful outfit. You might try buttoning both buttons, or just the lower one. The Duke of Windsor and President kennedy both had their suits made in a two button style similar to this. Kennedy buttoned both, and the Duke just fastened the lower one. Google photos of both of them and you'll see what I mean.
Quote: Originally Posted by voxsartoria French property is looking cheap...well, cheaper... BTW, I just bought a new house...one of the earliest and few remaining non-compound TAC homes built in the Boston area in the 1940s. I believe you like it, the Modernism. I'm wearing my tie today at the same length...I had to Albert the Panta. - B Never mind the clothes, please post photos of the house! Of course the problem with those...
Been doing CF for 3 months now. It's been great for me so far. But I'm only too aware how cult-like it is, and that's cause for some concern. I'd like to hear some persuasive arguments about about what is wrong with it. I've heard none on this forum.
Tie might be a bit long, but the outfit is so good that it comes off as as one of those slight idiosyncrasies that keep the look from being too studied and perfect. I wouldn't change it.
Quote: Originally Posted by Eligius You sir, have Style. Decidedly lacking from many of the gents here who, while very well-dressed, are, respectfully, rather cookie-cutter. I enjoyed your blog entry and will follow it more often. Your thoughts about the great find of a vintage 1980's letterman made me smile and feel old. And the piece you found and are modeling is delightful. Nicely done. But that would very much miss the vintage...
I'm also a big fan of these: They're made of titanium, have great polarized lenses, and are absolutely bulletproof. Possibly in the style you're looking for. http://www.scheyden.com/ C
Persol is good, so is Oliver Goldsmith.