or Connect

Posts by StephenHero

Yeah. Overrated. It's just too expensive to take any satisfaction out of.Best donut I've had in NY is in Bed Stuy at Dough. Their cafe au lait donut is omg. They're each like $2. 7/11's donuts are also pretty amazing in my opinion.
I live near Greenwood Cemetery and Prospect Park in the South Slope area, so that's where they come from at. If I wanted to give up the 'coons, I'd have to trade away the green space.
This morning I went to workout at 5:15 or so, and half of North America's raccoon population was in the middle of a potluck dinner on our street's trash. It's probably indicative of a typical New York conditioning process towards dirty rodents that I waved and said hello to all of them.
Lolz #1Lolz # 2
Not impressed. You appear to be...a troll.
Arkansas is pretty gorgeous. If I moved there tomorrow and built a little compound on a wooded lot 10 miles outside Little Rock and started gardening, I'm 100% certain I'd be happier than I am now.
Dog-eat-dog cultures don't foster corruption. The proximity of a sizable group of intelligent, powerful, and wealthy people to an even more sizable group of dumb, hopelessly powerless, and poor people does. The relationship between countries in Europe and their corruption shows a pretty straightforward relationship between the lack of corruption in Northern/Western Europe and their small, broadly well-educated, and ethnically-homogenous populations while the most corrupt...
Of the 5 or 6 most desirable NYC neighborhoods to live in from my perspective, probably at least 4 are in Brooklyn. Only one or two hoods in Manhattan have an adequate absence of architectural ugliness, noise, and garbage of both human and disposable varieties. I'd consider those to be Tribeca and the West Village, with the UWS not far behind. But even Chelsea and the UES and other expensive neighborhoods are littered with stuff ranging from "Bleh" to "Dear God, why."But...
The hope of an incorruptible bureaucracy springs eternal.