or Connect

Posts by StephenHero

Wut? There are retractable enclosures. Check the track in the floor.
I've been going hard on pizza lately (almost twice a week at all the notable pie parlors), and just want to reiterate that Lucali is the best, bar none. Nothing touches it. This guy is the Caravaggio of pizza.
Arthur Casas AL House Praia de São Conrado, Brazil 2013
I know. They need to Live Honestly.
As opposed to The Sartorialist or Tommy Ton, who will walk around taking photos of fashionable people in the streets, these types (usually Asian girls) will pose in the street for each other as if the photo was coincidental. They'll hold bags and iced coffees and briefcase to make it seem as if they were caught in a normal moment of daily life by an actual street fashion photographer and then they'll change outfits and find another cobbled street corner to shoot another...
Yikes. Awful detailing on a house with really good spaces. I'd excuse it on grounds of the difficulty of trying to build something in Iran, but most of the problems are within their control. A clusterfuck of contrasting materials; that stupid tree jammed in the gaps of the pavings; clumsy "look at me" geometry; that shitty "3" graphic on the door, etc...
And can we talk about Asian girls staging photoshoots of themselves on Soho street corners so they can post each other on the internet later and pass it off as field journalism? Shit's the fuckin' worst.
I'm pretty fond of it myself. It just sort of lays it all out there in shameless squalor. It's also pretty beautiful at night under the lights. Broadway in Soho on a Saturday afternoon is what New Yorkers should start hating with the passion they show towards Times Square.
OMG. Dominican parade through midtown.