or Connect

Posts by marc237

If you are looking to buy from the mall for price or the fact that there are no higher end Men's stores near you, consider getting a Merona suit (the wool version) from Target. Easily under $200.00 and the quality will be comparable to most of the mall options.
I was hoping Che would have been wearing a Che t-shirt
Quote: Originally Posted by cminor 2. It is a hard parallel to draw betwen interracial and same-sex marriage. rach2jlC 2. Respectfully disagree. Refusal of marriage rights in either instance is based on irrational prejudices that deny persons rights based on factors beyond their control - skin color or sexuality. I see no difference at all.
Quote: Originally Posted by AThingForCashmere Any of those tickets would be a dream for Democrats. Personally I'm hoping for Huckabee/Palin. From discussion I've heard on the underground, the one and only Republican Dems fear is Newt Gingrich. Actually, there are quite a few others who would be quite formidable. Democratic strategists are not without their long list of viable Republicans.
Quote: Originally Posted by AThingForCashmere At one point? You mean for over a century in many states. If I remember correctly 16 states still had these laws on their books when the SCOTUS finally threw them out as unconstitutional in 1967. What's comical is that the exact same abysmally lame justifications for anti-miscegenation laws are being used today to defend the ban on same-sex marriages. It's a riot watching the DOM morons trying to...
Quote: Originally Posted by cminor Adoption of same-sex couples are an ADDITIONAL layer of complication, on top of existing ones. It is NOT, among the existing complications. It may be or it may not be. The adoption process is very regulated and qualified professionals review all the factors at play. The psychologists, social workers, and other professionals will look to that and other factors. However, kids are far more resilient than you...
Quote: Originally Posted by cminor Thus my question of, why adding another layer of complication on top of the many already existing issues. Yes, it is not sufficient to deny adoption by same-sex couple. However, if adoption an right, where does it reside on the precedence spectrum? The issue on hand is not whether same-sex marriage are good or bad, but rather governments should be in the "marriage" definition business. Two...
Quote: Originally Posted by cminor Churches and other religions/cultural institutions should have the right to deny marriage services to same-sex couples or other permutations of union based on religion. AND they should also have the right to marry same-sex couples. . Nothing in any of the same sex marriage laws requires or would require churches to do anything relative to same sex marriage. However, under the laws of 45 states, same sex...
Quote: Originally Posted by cminor Agree. But having same sex parents is likely to induce a more complicated childhood, on top of the existing issues of adoption. Yes there's no reason to deny legal benefits of marriage/domestic partnership of same sex couples. However, by seeking legal recognition of same-sex marriage, you are also suppressing the freedom of religion and cultural traditions of many. Yes, but the possibility of...
Quote: Originally Posted by cminor YES on Prop 8. Same sex marriage rights aren't the same as Civil Right Movements in the 50-60s. Wait, are you marrying for money? Folk marry for a variety of reasons. There is no rational basis to deny same sex couples all of the many benefits, monetary and otherwise, enjoyed by opposite sex marriages.