or Connect

Posts by marc237

Quote: Originally Posted by vtechnwn http://cgi.ebay.com/OXXFORD-CLOTHES-...#ht_1133wt_940 Good deal if it's genuine. It is likely a 20+ year old orphaned suit jacket. Probably fine for what it is and, per description, may have been heavily altered. Also, note that Oxxford is not a brand that is really counterfeited.
Quote: Originally Posted by Byte_Me So it sounds like the preferred route would be brown or burgundy with the blue blazer. The salesman was quite firm saying the only appropriate shoe with the blue blazer was cordovan, which I of course took to mean the color v the leather type. There are a lot more options out there for brown shoes v burgundy, but again, he did mention that black or tan shoes were out with the navy blazer. If one is...
Prefer Courier New font for critiques.
An under-rated, IMHO, place for lunch would be David Burke's Townhouse. If you walked around the West Village and lower Chelsea, you could do lunch at Toqueville, another under-rated place. Both would be very pricey for dinner, but relative bargains for lunch. Certainly walking around the EV is fun, the little shops all along the side streets from 11th to 6th between Avenue A and 2nd Ave are inteesting and women certainly seem to enjoy them. You could have dinner at...
If not already suggested, consider late night drinks at Birdland on Friday or Saturday night. I have a few years on Plano and the room is fun, the drinks good, and the music can be wonderful.
Quote: Originally Posted by Spats They look great, but could you hold them up to the web a little closer please? And such a great price!
Quote: Originally Posted by cptjeff Why is there a divide between "nice looking" and "comfortable"? It's a false dichotomy. When flying, you want dark clothing that can be easily washed, is comfortable sitting for long periods of time and works well in the cool temperature of the plane cabin as well as the temperatures at your departure point and destination. You need shoes that you can leave on all day, can handle running across an airport when you...
Quote: Originally Posted by Metlin Well, it could also be that you're at the airport on a weekend. Week days, there tends to be a higher percentage of business travelers (especially Mon/Tue early mornings, and Thu/Fri late evenings), and most folks tend to be better dressed. Besides, if you're traveling for pleasure, why not dress comfortably -- especially for longer haul flights? Possibly it is how I select my clothing, but I find I am...
Please, in 8D: Soho Evanston Manhattan Would prefer browns, but would consider black if all that is available. Thank you.
Quote: Originally Posted by whusurdadi fake Luciano Barbera? Seems just old. I do not see the market for used lesser known Italian fakes.