or Connect

Posts by marc237

Quote: Originally Posted by zillka i'd say the opposite... there's a restaurant in Gramercy that we frequent for brunch.. everyone in shitty t-shirts and sweats gets treated like gold, since we all rolled out of bed from a drunken orgy the night before.. it's the people with fedoras/aviators/dress pants/shirts (srly for brunch?!) that the staff don't attend to, because they know they're either tourists from omaha/cali or poseurs. rich people in...
I have had some success with decent quality polo shirts and summer sweaters, misc. indeterminate Italian long-sleeve shirts, and little else.
So, I was watching an excessive amount of television and movies from the 30s, 40s, 50s, and 60s this weekend and noticed that trouser inseams, until the mid 1960s, seemed to have no break. Indeed, the pants often had an inch or more between the hem and the top of the shoe heel. I was wondering why the evolution from no break to the current tendency to excessive break. Was this purely a function of the transition to longer length jeans and wider trouser legs beginning in...
I launder all shirts after each wearing. However, I also do not wear undershirts - ever.
Quote: Originally Posted by musicguy IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREETIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the...
Quote: Originally Posted by ronnie77 Hello, sorry for late reply. I had to suddenly leave my city for some work therefore was unable to post many pics. sorry to disappoint a few of you.. some people think I am a fraud, however if you go to rocky's website, you'll see a testimonial from me in his website. here are some photos of the suits and some photos of his shirts. thanks. PS. since all my suits are gone for dry cleaning after my long trip,...
Quote: Originally Posted by breakfasteatre She has worked at a small italian restaurant for a couple years now more often than not, she will get her pay cheque, go next door to the bank to cash it, and the bank will tell her that the restaurant does not have money in the account to cash the cheque the store manager will tell her to just put the cheque in the atm, wherein because her paycheques have bounced so many times, that her entire account will...
Rebel ships lightening fast and is a great seller.
Quote: Originally Posted by Reevolving Can anyone comment on these ties? (I am curious if my initial gut reaction is correct) Geometrics and novelty ties are making a comeback. The more conservative ties are, IMHO, quite nice in their own right. I agree with CPMAC's assessment. I also think that even if you only wanted 4-5 of the ties, the price is still good and you could use remainder as beater ties or donate.
FWIW, I have a friend who insists upon not taking off the basting or sleeve tags (the sewn on ones, not the hanging ones).