or Connect

Posts by marc237

Quote: Originally Posted by TylerTheToaster Like I said, BB should be just fine. I'll probably end up going with that. But I'd like to know what others would do if they took it past that. Imagine outside the confines of a wedding and instead what you'd wear at a southern bourbon tasting festival The reasoning behind all this is I had been planning on having an MTM seersucker made anyway. This just happened to give me the proper occasion. I just have a...
Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 I don't really know what this means marc. The difference between a dress shirt and a sport shirt is its use, not any of the qualities or features you mentioned as being good justification for a higher price. I think I may lack the shirting vocabulary, but I tend to see a sport shirt as less fitted, less likely to have a higher-end fabric, less likely to have a closed collar, often cut so as to wear well...
Quote: Originally Posted by Szeph el ratón But this isn't a point against the OP's shirt but generally against all high-price RTW shirts. I mean, personally the limit I'd spend on a RTW shirt is appr. 100 EUR, I'd only spend more for MTM or bespoke. When I see for example RTW shirts from Kiton with a MSRP of 745$ then I think the OP's price is within the reasonable. I am not sure I agree. I tend to think the fabrics, patterns, styling, etc....
Quote: Originally Posted by TylerTheToaster Fair enough, I might have been overthinking the situation. It just hurts my soul that everyone else is wearing JAB suits and probably black shoes. When I do seersucker, it is either Haspel or Brooks, my shoes are AE Sandfords or McLean Specs, and my shirt is a white BB and my tie is typically BB. I tend to think of seersucker as the classic Southern trad look. I not prepared to either invest a lot...
As one of those who suggested, albeit a tad snarkily, that he could not see the value of the shirt at the price listed, I will confess that there is the inevitable difficulty making judgments from two photos on the interwebz. Nor would I dispute the quality of the fabric or the buttons. I would readily concede that they could well be of high quality. It may be that I am not sufficiently into high end SW&D, but, at the end of the day, I am seeing a gingham sport shirt...
Brooks Brothers ought be fine.
Nice casual $29.99 shirt.
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire FTFY Acceptable
Morality is subjective Polls about morality are objective Comments on polls about morality are relativistic
I have worn Incotex Ice Cotton and been very impressed as to how they do in high heat/high humidity situations.