or Connect

Posts by marc237

Quote: Originally Posted by Achilles_ http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_500wt_1156 Good deal? Really? Impossible to know. There are no photos of the labels and the photos of the suit are uninformative. The gorge would seem to indicate that this is a considerably older Zegna. That might be fine if you are looking for that age suit. Otherwise, ought be a cautionary. Finally, I am not thrilled to read: "THE OFF-WHITE...
My wife and I made a very early decision to not spend a lot of money on the wedding. Neither of us had a lot of money and our parents were not well off. It seemed that depleting the savings we did have and mortgaging our future for a ceremony and party was not the way to go. We did a simple civil ceremony and followed with a celebratory dinner at a nice, but not insanely expensive restaurant. We then hosted a few simple dinner parties with close friends. Very low...
PM sent on walnut 8D
Quote: Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum Not true. Unlike other pocket types you can take the pockets off completely and reattach them higher up. Actually, here I agree with the OP. While it would be possible to move the pockets, as a practical matter, moving the pockets would screw up the pattern matching.
Great fabric, but a 48" chest is consistent with a 56R and not a 52R. Also, European sizes are not necessarily an exact match. I find a Caruso 52 R to be more of a 41R American and a 54R to be closer to 43R. Less the case with other Italian designers.
Quote: Originally Posted by acidboy I had a very vivid dream I was in a desert with an Indian chief (feathers not dot) and Jim Morrison showed up and said he appreciates the gesture. then it occured to me I must organize AcidStock(tm) You've been through the desert on a horse with no name?
I am with Manton. A nice fall staple when you have filled in everything else. My one caveat - once the snow falls, it is too messy in NYC for light colors.
Quote: Originally Posted by NH_Clark http://www.brionibangkok.com/ They got Andy's endorsement.
Quote: Originally Posted by Gibonius Cold isn't that effective (and I have no idea about dry cleaning), they'll mostly survive being frozen. Use heat, if you want to make sure to kill 'em. A quick iron or steaming, a run through the wash on hot, or a trip through the drier will do the trick. According to the nice folk at the Department of Entomology, Univ. of Minn. "For freezing, a minimum of 23°F (-5°C) must be maintained for at least...
They are everywhere. They can't be bargained with. They can't be reasoned with. They don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And they absolutely will not stop, ever. That said, I have taken to sticking my new purchases into the freezer or having them dry cleaned before I take them into the apartment. I also no longer do thrift stores. I do not believe I am preventing the inevitable, just delaying it.