or Connect

Posts by JEdge

Hi Ben - Appreciate the quick reply. It may well be the dry cleaner, but I have taken far older and 'lesser quality' suits to my current cleaners without issue. I'll contact you offline and keep coming back here to see if any others have had similar issues in the sleeves.
9 month old Benjamin suit worn about once every one or two weeks. Dry cleaned twice and now have significant bubbling on both sleeves. Is this normal for
Nasty separation in my Stanford seconds that were given to me for Christmas. They've been my primary brown shoes since, wearing them 2-4 times per week. Don't walk to work and work in a carpeted environment. For this to be occurring within 4 months seems highly unusual. Does anyone have any suggestions for what AE might do if I file a complaint? I've worn them way too much to prove that this is a manufacturer defect, but I've certainly come to expect more from my AE...
Ben, Can you compare and contrast the Lardini line of sports coats to the Benjamin line from a fit, quality, value perspective? Specifically i'm thinking of either these two: http://www.ehaberdasher.com/servlet/the-17235/Lardini-Sport-Coat-cln--39R-fdsh-40R/Detail http://www.ehaberdasher.com/servlet/the-16552/Benjamin-Sartorial-Sport-Coat-cln-/Detail
I'd expect eHaberdasher to swap out the smaller sized pants if necessary. If you are already in the DC area, i'd suggest Reeds Tailors off Lee Highway in Arlington for any alterations. I have a Benjamin suit being worked on now.
Thanks, makes sense. I'm using Reeds off of Lee Highway in Arlington. First time using them so when I heard $25 per button I immediately assumed the dude didn't know what he was talking about, but happy to hear that this is a market rate.
How much should I expect to pay for functional buttons on the sleeves? My tailor initially stated that he won't do them at all but finally said he'd do them for $25 per button.
What is general consensus on the cushioned footbed? Got them in my new Long Branch's, first AE pair I have experienced them in, and was a bit surprised to see anything other than a hard leather liner. I appreciate the added comfort, but my first impression was that it was a cheap substitute vs. a hard leather footbed that has been developed anatomically correct and will adjust/form over time.
That is nuts! Really glad I went with the Long Branch - got them in last night, wearing them today, very pleased!
The lining issue that I discussed in my original post is a manufacturing defect that causes bunching and doesn't have anything to do with the fit of the shoulders. Below is a picture that I took to justify the exchange with eHaberdasher.I've already sent back the defected jacket, so i'd have to get back to you with regards to the narrowness of the shoulder but I recall the shoulders being rather narrow. I am pretty broad shouldered to the point where I think i'd benefit...