or Connect

Posts by kmdsimpson

Anyone taken a look at these on ebay? Are these the Bourton? 4444 last? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Trickers-Marron-Antique-Derby-Brogues-VARIOUS-SIZES-/181328236565?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&var=&hash=item2a38015015
Call a store near you and see if they have them. They may even be able to order from other stores if they have them in the database. It's different inventory than online.
Yep, same for me. It appears to be a pricing error. $125 is a ridiculous deal!
I'll give you my opinion, having owned a few. I have the Verona and the Lucca - basically the same shoe; one is just on a leather sole (Verona) while the other is on a rubber sole (Lucca, which is the old version of the Arezzo - look exactly the same). I tried on pretty much every loafer they had in store when I purchased these, about 2 years ago, including the Firenze and some GY ones.The Italian loafers are much lighter and sleeker, and I found them to be much more...
Maybe it's art collecting. Right?
Thanks for the kind words. It's been a self-imposed exile so that I don't buy any more shoes! (Not that there's anything wrong with that...)I'm literally running out of space, and I've realized that I have a number of fantastic pairs that get little use. So trying to force myself to take advantage of what I have. That said, I was in London for the big winter sale, and there were some nice deals on C&J; I had to hold back. Is this an addiction?
I thought rainy London would be a good test for my new Brogue Suede Strands, and they didn't disappoint. I love the Dainite sole. Unfortunately, I didn't get the uppers wet to test out real bad weather performance. When I first got them, I took Cold Iron's advice and gave them a treatment with Bickmore's. Only later did I notice this: You can see the marks where they lined up the pieces of leather when assembling the uppers. See the sliver pencil mark under the ...
I own shoes from both AS and AE, and there is no comparison. The AS look and feel like shoes that are twice as expensive. That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with AE's; the AS are just the next tier up in quality and price, and it shows.Are you sure the Peals you ordered are made by AS? Some are made by C&J, which are also in that upper tier. Some are made by Loake, which are not impressive at all, and might even be slightly below AE. But I think if your shoes are...
It is the same style as this one: http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=23872756&cp=1760781.1766339&fbn=Brand%7CBlack+Label&view=99&fbc=1&f=Brand%2F1000004%2F&parentPage=familyIt is navy blue with a very, very faint glen plaid pattern. Retail was $1895, so came to under $700.The store near me does not get a lot of Black Label suits at a time. I think they had a charcoal at full price. And someone once told me...
Welcome to the brown Clifton club! I love mine. I think you'll find that they are really versatile, and the brown is a winning color with this shoe.I agree with earlier advice on the Dalton with a suit - as long as your pants aren't too short, I think they will be fine. No one will notice they're boots unless you show them while sitting, and then they will think they're cool.Nice choices!