or Connect

Posts by kmdsimpson

Those are great! Look fine to me. If I had to pick one shoe from the standard AE lineup as most impressive, this is it. The style and leather combination are just a knockout. Somehow, I still have not added it to my collection, though...
The Woodlore Epic trees are notoriously short. I'm 11D, and I couldn't get the medium or the large to work. The JAB trees should be fine; actually, anything more traditionally sized.
Here's a thought. Why not pick one of your current shoes and send it back for resoling? They could put a dainite, V-tread, or butyl sole on one of your office shoes. The problem would be turnaround time.
That's a great question.I don't know the full answer, but I can add one thing, I think. The street names are city-specific and related to a collection. The balmorals and boots you cite are New York. The current CXL collection are Chicago street names. And then they had a collection of 2-last shoes that were San Francisco street names. So I think it's related to the collection that is introduced together; e.g.: the current Chicago are all semi-casual, CXL, with a...
Some quick ideas:You already seem to have dress, casual, and boots covered. So looking at what you might be missing, are the Chocolate Daltons a color you don't have?But I might suggest going with your original thought on the Rush Street or even something in suede like the Strand (if it's still available suede), since those would be new to your collection in leather type, and you can get both in Dainite soles. Both casual but also wearable with slacks.But maybe this is...
I completely agree. These MTOs really highlight the best of AE. Every one of them is gorgeous.This is a matter of taste, but to me these makeups demonstrate a stylistic sensibility that has been missing lately with much of AEs standard offerings. I think they've gotten a little caught up in trying to cater to a funky street crowd and have forgotten about the more traditional styles that rely on simple elegance. If you showed this thread to someone without telling...
This is a pair of lightly worn Rugby selvedge jeans from maybe 2009. Not sure if they have any value, but I thought I'd offer them up here before giving them away. If anyone wants to take a chance on them, I'll throw them in an envelope (nicely) and ship for $25. These are made in China, but not I'm sure where the denim is from. The denim is pretty nice, though. I think these were rinsed when new. Denim is still stiff, minimal fading. I think I've washed them...
Is the right shoe cordovan? If so, stop complaining. I think this belongs on the MTO thread.
Not sure if you're interested in the Italian collection. I found those to fit me well, when everything else would not work. I know, because I tried on everything they had in the store!
They've done this promotion in the past, so I don't think it's just your local store. No, they won't give you more than one credit. It's a great organization, BTW. I think last time I brought in several pairs, and then never ended up using the credit!Also, what they've done in the past is an honor system, where they would give you the $35 credit on the webiste if you pledged to donate a pair of shoes. I always thought that was a really nice show of trust and...