or Connect

Posts by kmdsimpson

Hey Cold Iron, why B. Nelson and not AE for the recraft? B. Nelson did a beautiful job; just curious.
Yeah, maybe this is the MTO option for those of with feet too wide for the Eagle County.
What do you guys think of the new First Avenue boot? I saw it lurking in the back of this picture: And then found the description: http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF1193_1_40000000001_-1_1193 It says "Online Only". And last 201, which appears to be only this boot. I've been hoping for a captoe boot from AE. But this one seems a little caught between dress and casual with the red pull tab. wondering what this looks like in person. But I wish...
qvhong, thanks for asking about these. I've thought about these a few times and always wondered which model they were.Brown Dynamite, 222 last makes sense. The Executive Collection shoes were all named after San Francisco streets. That particular last information is especially relevant, because it's relatively narrow. Glad I passed on the shoes.
This is a NWT quilted shirt jacket from J. Crew. It is from last year and is not available in this color anymore. Tagged as Medium. Brand new, never been worn. Retail was $168. The picture is from the J. Crew website. Original description from the J Crew website. Warm insulation on the inside, British sporting vibe on the outside. Classic fit. Cotton. Point collar. Dry clean. Import. (pasting the link does not work, but if you Google "quilted shirt jacket j...
I think I remember your post. I am envious. Well done! What a great collection!
I haven't been in the market for any AEs lately, but I still love this thread.Those chili grain MacNeils in your first picture look fantastic. If the 7 last fit my foot better, I would probably have several MacNeils in different leathers - maybe an all-MacNeil collection! I love the grain leathers in that shoe.
Had a chance to visit the RRL store in Hong Kong. Picked up this card holder wallet. Not sure if they sell these in the US stores, but thought it would be a cool souvenir:
Anyone heard from Dave from the RE Trickers ebay store? The last notice they had up was closed due to illness. I hope it's not serious for whomever is sick.
Thanks, MM. I wasn't willing to do that, as I planned to return them.Besides the last, I would not put anyone off from buying these off STP. They are really nice, and with a code you can get them for ~$250. They are just not what I am looking for at the moment, which is a sleeker, dressier shoe.