or Connect

Posts by kmdsimpson

It's interesting you point those two things out, because I'd forgotten about them. The lapels are the "usual" size for the Italian suits I like; I suppose they look a little wide because the suit is slim. I'm personally not a fan of narrow lapels and don't own any suits with them. The pants are slim. When I first received the suit, I almost returned it because I wasn't sure if the pants would work. But my tailor said not to worry, and it turns out that they are...
Thought I'd share a pic of the Lexington after a first wearing, along with an older pair of Cliftons. The Lexington is on the 5 last, while the Clifton is on the 8 last. The 8 fits me well, and so does the 5. If I didn't have a back-to-back comparison, I'd be hard pressed to tell them apart. Must be the shape of my foot, but I don't find the 5 to be too long or large. I realized the difference is that the Lexington has more height in the toe box, though there is no...
I tried to take a selfie of this awesome suit I bought from Ben. It's a Caruso that he steered me to, and I think it looks great. Better in person than in the pic. Caruso suit Benjamin shirt Cheap tie BTW, this is a 3-button suit. But it rolls so nicely, you can't tell!
Just a warning - Woodlore Epic shoe tree sizing is a nightmare. First, the trees are designed so that they are short compared to other brands. Then there was/is (not sure of the status) some confusion over the size charts that were being published. I had tried a pair and went up one size and was still not satisfied with them. They are just an odd, short and wide shape.Since they're owned by Allen Edmonds now, I wonder if you could email AE and ask their opinion. But...
While I can't disagree with what tifosi says, I certainly understand your desire to keep them "vintage". I'd be tempted to go for the JR sole myself, just because they would feel special, in a way. But honestly, there's no rational reason for that, just what you like.
NewShoes1, I couldn't have said it better myself.I hope none of this deters you from voicing your honest opinion. I love this thread for the way everyone is so cordial to one another, but I also appreciate constructive criticism and differing views. As NewShoes1 says, people can decide to take or leave the advice; as long it's done with good intentions, we all benefit.
My take:1. No, you did not waste $90. The Jefferson is higher quality and materials than the McAllister. You got nicer leather and soles, plus better assembly. That is probably why you liked them - you noticed the difference in quality, without thinking about it.2. The Jefferson has different style than the Strand and the PA, but it is also an oxford, which is a third fairly formal shoe for you. If you want to do something really different, you might consider...
I know what you mean, but somehow it works in person with the proportions of the shoe. It is a blucher, so not designed to be too dressy. I actually bought these as travel work shoes that could work the spectrum from suit to casual in a pinch. I think now I would consider buying them as a more regular rotation shoe in something like bourbon or chili if I had a spot open.
Since I've referred to it in passing a few times, I'll just come out and say it: I really like the Lexington. For some reason it really works on the 5 last, and it shows in person. I think the longer cap toe is a good complement for this last. They'll never change the toe cap on the Park Avenue, but maybe that's a good thing, so there's a little contrast and choice with the Lexington. I'd encourage anyone who's on the fence to go ahead and order while they are on...
Wow, that truly looks fantastic. I keep telling Ben I'm going to buy one of these, but I keep getting distracted - often with other things from his site!That's a shame. They look great.