or Connect

Posts by kmdsimpson

Either Alfred Sargent or C&J, but I'll go with Fred G.'s knowledge.General rule of thumb: Retail price $598 - 600+ will be AS or C&J. Retail price low $400s is going to be Loake. For the made-in-England shoes, of course.
Almost certainly Loake, based on the retail price point.
I concur with this. Is 9 - 9..5 your Brannock measured size?Richard is terrific. He will give you good advice for sure.
Yes. Except no idea how it fits. They should have brought it to the trunk show.
Just noticed the new First Avenue boot is only available until Nov. 18. http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF1193_1_40000000001_-1_1193 If anyone orders it, please report on your findings. I'm going to wait this one out - not willing to spend $425 on an AE shoe unless I can see in person and try on in store.
The standard conversion on the Stow 4497 last is 1/2 size from UK to US. For example, 9.5UK = 10 US.But it is a roomy last, and even after conversion, it is intended to be worn with thick socks (it's a country boot, after all). So some people size down an additional 1/2. But I would recommend that only if you a) intend to wear with dress socks and b) prefer tighter fitting shoes. I myself prefer non-tight shoes, and I find the Stow a tiny boot roomy at 1/2 size down,...
Beautiful shoes, and agree - you can't go wrong.
Sort of a PSA. Noticed Shoebank has the Shaker Heights in brown and chili at $127. I know these are popular here. Also have the Promontory Point in black at $127, though some have reported fit issues with that boot.
I purchased 34 tagged and the waist is almost 36. So seems to be the usual 2" larger than tagged.I usually wear 32 or 33 tagged in RRL, depending on the style. I am going to order 32 and see how it fits. The 34 is too large in the waist, but it's hard to gauge how the thighs will be in the smaller size.Edit: I wear 32 in the old straight fit. But in the slims I have to get 33 or 34 because of the thighs.
Is the Ro Buck only made in even sizes? Seems like all the odd sizes and smaller sizes are sold out - but maybe were never there.The fit on these is great everywhere but the waist. I'm probably going to take your advice and plan on having the waist taken in later.