or Connect

Posts by kmdsimpson

For 4537, think dress shoe size, as it is designed to be worn with thin socks. It does not have the "Trickers roominess", but rather fits like any other brand of dress shoes would. I think Barrie fits a little large, right, so most people size down .5? I would stay TTS for the 4537, which would be 7.5 UK if you are 8 US - except that if you are an E width that adds another wrinkle.
This is correct. They don't show the sales tax in the refund amount they quote you, but it will be included in the actual amount they refund to your credit card. I think their system must just not be set up to calculate the tax refund until they actually run the refund with the credit card company, which they don't do until they receive the merchandise back.Don't worry - it works. And if there is a mistake, they will correct it. I've had that happen early on and they...
A few suggestions.See if you can find some Incotex on sale. They make some really nice cotton/linen blends and are SF approved. Expensive, though. Here are a bunch of Incotex on Yoox: http://www.yoox.com/us/men/shoponline?dept=men&gender=U&season=E&textsearch=incotex#/textsearch=incotex&dept=men&gender=U&page=1&attributes=%7b%27ctgr%27%3a%5b%27pntln1%27%5d%7d&season=XI know Polo makes linen pants. I got a pair of cotton/linen a few seasons ago on sale that are really...
It's interesting you point those two things out, because I'd forgotten about them. The lapels are the "usual" size for the Italian suits I like; I suppose they look a little wide because the suit is slim. I'm personally not a fan of narrow lapels and don't own any suits with them. The pants are slim. When I first received the suit, I almost returned it because I wasn't sure if the pants would work. But my tailor said not to worry, and it turns out that they are...
Thought I'd share a pic of the Lexington after a first wearing, along with an older pair of Cliftons. The Lexington is on the 5 last, while the Clifton is on the 8 last. The 8 fits me well, and so does the 5. If I didn't have a back-to-back comparison, I'd be hard pressed to tell them apart. Must be the shape of my foot, but I don't find the 5 to be too long or large. I realized the difference is that the Lexington has more height in the toe box, though there is no...
I tried to take a selfie of this awesome suit I bought from Ben. It's a Caruso that he steered me to, and I think it looks great. Better in person than in the pic. Caruso suit Benjamin shirt Cheap tie BTW, this is a 3-button suit. But it rolls so nicely, you can't tell!
Just a warning - Woodlore Epic shoe tree sizing is a nightmare. First, the trees are designed so that they are short compared to other brands. Then there was/is (not sure of the status) some confusion over the size charts that were being published. I had tried a pair and went up one size and was still not satisfied with them. They are just an odd, short and wide shape.Since they're owned by Allen Edmonds now, I wonder if you could email AE and ask their opinion. But...
While I can't disagree with what tifosi says, I certainly understand your desire to keep them "vintage". I'd be tempted to go for the JR sole myself, just because they would feel special, in a way. But honestly, there's no rational reason for that, just what you like.
NewShoes1, I couldn't have said it better myself.I hope none of this deters you from voicing your honest opinion. I love this thread for the way everyone is so cordial to one another, but I also appreciate constructive criticism and differing views. As NewShoes1 says, people can decide to take or leave the advice; as long it's done with good intentions, we all benefit.
My take:1. No, you did not waste $90. The Jefferson is higher quality and materials than the McAllister. You got nicer leather and soles, plus better assembly. That is probably why you liked them - you noticed the difference in quality, without thinking about it.2. The Jefferson has different style than the Strand and the PA, but it is also an oxford, which is a third fairly formal shoe for you. If you want to do something really different, you might consider...