or Connect

Posts by kmdsimpson

That's the gamble. You know they're going to drop prices after a big sale, but will your item make it through the sale if you wait? It's a tough call. If you like it, better safe than sorry!
Here are a couple photos I took with my phone. The only difference I see from the pictures on the ebay listing are that they used a flash, so the shoes appear grayish there. These are straight black.Ebay listing with pictures: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Trickers-size-8-Black-Bourton-Derby-country-Brogue-shoe-dainite-sole-/161570203114?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item259e55a5ea
Congrats. You bought some great suits. The quality on those Beacons is top notch. Sounds like you spent plenty of time on fit, so I assume they will look good on you. Color selection is your personal preference, but you need to feel comfortable wearing them in your workplace. I am no expert, but I have found that finding the right brand and model that works with your body is invaluable. Some just don't work, no matter how expensive they are. You had a good...
I'm almost certain the C series is half canvas, so a notch below A and B in quality. It also is trimmer with narrower lapels.
New purchase from Retrickers' ebay shop. Just received them today and very pleased. Thought I would go with something a little different for winter wear. They remind me of something by Thom Browne for BBBF with the pull tab. Beautifully finished. And they included a tin of polish! My first 4444 last shoe. Sized down 1 full size from US. This last definitely agrees with my foot. I see more of it in my future.
Are you referring to "Chromexcel"? This is a specific type and brand of leather made by Horween. It is impregnated with extra oils and does have more of a "roll" rather than a "crease". It also should be brushed, but not polished.This is not a leather specific to all Tricker's shoes - just the leather on your particular pair. However, I do agree with your statement that Tricker's in general are finished to a higher standard than Loake 1880, and they use more expensive...
This was already answered, but worth mentioning that Shoehealer has a great explanation of the different Tricker's models. Tricker's often uses different names for the same shoe, just differentiating colors or widths. It's a bit confusing in that way.http://www.shoehealer.co.uk/trickers/useful-information
Looks like they have now removed the "final sale" wording from the items that were part of the sample sale - on the US site, at least. I wasn't buying anything on final sale to begin with, and no way I ever would at the higher prices.
Totally agree with this. Outlets are almost exclusively Lindsey suits. And the retail price for the half-canvassed Lindsey is suspiciously close to that of the Mahogany - seems like only about $100 or so difference.It used to be that you could tell any of the Mohagony collection suits by the model name - always began with "A" or "B. Not sure if they still use that nomenclature. Also agree with the B Series fit. I have a Beacon and really like it. It has more...
Fit on those never worked for me, either. Feels narrow. Beautiful boot, though! I am pretty sure it is C&J - Harlech on a different last?