or Connect

Posts by The Snob

Quote: Originally Posted by Rambo Over eagerness to please + non-assertiveness = Doormat word--and unattractive in either sex.
word. they do have some flavour. sadly, it's a flavour i really despise.
Quote: Originally Posted by unjung At this point I'm not really inclined to believe you've really dated at all. I hope you realise every time you pay me heed you are boosting my ego. ;p
I'm sorry Marbles. That rather sucks. One thing us women are unabashedly happy to joke about amongst ourselves: men's dick sizes. And word spreads fast. Someone said it earlier: Get really fucking good at oral sex. I dated a penis-challenged man once. It didn't matter THAT much. Well, that's a lie. After awhile it did matter quite a bit and I began to view him as an asexual blob... however maybe if he had perfected his oral technique things would have gone differently;...
Quote: Originally Posted by db_ggmm Your expiration date will probably help you stay single. lol, that's fine. i will have my cats and my lifetime of dreams... and lots of sobbing. Quote: Originally Posted by superego You're ever the exception--other women in their 20s don't know what they want, but you do...other women are the dreadful stereotype, but not you...but you're exactly the "self-unaware" 20-something you...
Quote: Originally Posted by unjung Don't know where you went to high school. What you're describing sounds more like elementary. I hope you get the point. your elementary school sounds rather salacious. boys still had cooties when i was seven. what is your point? mine: six days is not cool. is fourteen days cool? no. is three months cool? no. is two years cool? no. neither is six. these things have expiration dates. expiration dates vary...
Quote: Originally Posted by SVS Call me old fashioned, but, as the man, I feel I should pay for dates. I don’t mind when a lady offers or even picks up the occasional check. 50/50 just seems over the top to me. If I couldn’t afford to take her out, I would not have ask. What do you think? Is it wrong for the guy to paid more than his share? Should I just STFU and enjoy that I’m not paying for everything? I also make significantly more than the girl...
Quote: Originally Posted by longskate88 Looks aside, what traits make someone 'attractive' in your opinion (I'm mainly talking about how guys can become attractive, not so much women)? Sure you can LOOK good, but I think you need personality traits to actually be attractive, i.e. people WANT to talk to you. Any ideas for what to work on? Smiling more, making jokes, using people's names, posture, dress like a frat boy, etc? I think I've gone too...
Quote: Originally Posted by scarphe maybe he had an family crisis, medical problem, or maybe rough time at his job you never know. and if you honestly liked him why did you not try to call him or invite to dinner or drinks? come now! i think we're all well aware that that's just not how it's done. ;p Quote: Originally Posted by unjung Wow, OP really is from the internet! Not sure she can survive now without asking a...
So on a note unrelated to my salt and pepper lovah: Sitting here, eating bonbons, waiting for the new episode of Mad Men to air... and I receive a call from a guy I went on a first date with SIX NIGHTS AGO! Admittedly, I was sure he would eventually call but was not expecting him to wait this long. Reaction when I saw the call display: laughter. Of course I let it go to voicemail. Who is giving you this advice boys? Six days??? At least he called vs. email or text, so I...