or Connect

Posts by jeff13007

In general people on here advocate for at least a full canvassed suit. But in reality most that can be had at that 1000 price point non discounted probably wont work that well for your build. Suit supply is not bad for the muscular thin build, but remember that a higher price does not equal a better fit. My advice to you if you dont mind clothing snobs looking down on you for having a non canvassed suit is to set yourself a budget which you see to have done already and...
You realize that TF is made to Zegna couture standards which costs roughly the same as TF in the first place right? And if we go by your rationale then why bother buying Ralph Lauren Black label or Purple Label when its all just Polo (Blue Label) anyway????
Well this isnt really for "wool suits" specifically but more so on the quality of the brand itself. Most makers on this list make linen suits as well, so you can pretty much just follow it for those as well. Now if you are talking about makers who just do linen suits then i can't really help you there
Im pretty sure they do stock 38 short. It might be called like (48T) or something i dont think they use the "s" designation but i cant really remember right now. 10k is a bit excessive even for TF, what fabric did you choose? When i did mine in october of 2011 it came out to 6k, its usually a 20 percent mark up for MTM i.e if you like the fabric of one of the floor models and that model costs 5k then to get it MTM would be 6k. MTO would be a 10% mark up if i remember...
I would take this statement with a grain of salt. Its true that when high end makers; Zegna, Isaia make for other brands the quality is usually at least on par. But Isaia for example which makes for the phineas cole line of Paul Stuart and is roughly the same or higher, also has made for collarosso or whatever its called, and those were of a lower quality. Basically my point is just because its made by a maker doesnt necessarily mean its gonna be on par
+100, leave the diamonds to the ladies please. The prices are bad enough with just women wanting them lets hope a trend of men wanting them on their watches/cufflinks/tiebars or whatever else they can stick them on doesn't pick up.
Wait a min, that cant be right either. I was at TF getting a sports coat altered and a woman bought a $6700 jacket for her husband that day. This was beginning of last week so it was def in the month of October. Well it was actually a sorta overcoat thing so maybe technically not a "jacket"
Vachron Constantin, AP, and Patek are the "big three" watch makers. Lange is sometimes mentioned alongside them as well which doesnt really make sense because technically they are the "Big three Swiss makers" and Lange is german.As for the mainland china comment, dont be too quick to judge. It could be that whatever pateks, VC, or AP's they were able to get their hands on didnt have diamonds or whatever on them. Even in places like New York, Singapore, and Hong Kong they...
Very true, you see rolex's left and right in places like Singapore and Hong Kong. Back in the day people did other routes; like my Grandfather had a VC and my dad had a Patek ( which his cousin said he could have serviced for a really good price, and then that watch was never heard from again lol) But i think by the time my mom was an adult (20 years younger than my dad) Rolex was pretty much the norm and would be pretty much everyones graduation/wedding/first nice piece/...