or Connect

Posts by fogg

nomad's e-commerce is a joke. i've had the same thing happen to me multiple times (order something and then hear days later that it was out of stock) until i finally gave up on them after ordering 2 things a few weeks back and hearing nothing at all for 5 days. then i emailed to see if there was a problem and when i asked them, they tell me that 1 of the pieces was out of stock (and that they had noticed the day before, but i suppose just hadn't yet decided on the right...
You can dispute the charge, but it's a hassle and it takes forever for a ruling. Probably not worth the time unless you get hit with a pretty big duty charge on a NAFTA good.
The duty is not just dependent on the country of origin but the materials as well - whatever is defined by the item's HS code. What makes it worse (for Canadians at least) is most US retailers are too lazy to fill out the customs declaration properly and just put something generic like "clothes" which results in you getting hit with the highest duty rate possible (18%).Many won't even fill out the country of origin at all resulting in situations like me getting charged 18%...
Boylston is part of the ********* empire (I guess I can't say the name of the store but it's a large online streetwear retailer) and they insist on using DHL for international for whatever reason, even though it's brutal on the receiver. DHL actually makes UPS brokerage charges look ok.I feel bad every time they offer a free shipping promo because anyone outside the US has no idea what they're in for when it shows up - I'd gladly pay extra to have them ship regular USPS...
wow, i wish you had size 10 feet
why on earth anyone want a horizontally zipped pocket in that location
that picture looks like it should be accompanied with a sad trombone wah wah waaaaaaaah
Oh man I'd be so down it someone was going to proxy. I just want some pants I could actually ride to work in and wear in the office. I understand why their clothing is priced as high as it is, but shelling out that much for a pair blind is pretty much out of the question for me. A sample priced pair would be perfect, though...
there's a pretty good chance that cardigan isn't in stock, but it's worth a try. Reborn has no actual web commerce - clicking buy just starts an email that you send them saying you want it. i tried this last week for a pair of common projects on sale on their site and they responded saying they had none left even though the site said they had 3 sizes in stock
finally got my fishtail parka today (bought it from the sale at nomad but they took forever to ship). really, really nice. i'd say its maybe a slight bit bigger sized than W&H outerwear usually is (maybe since heritage research actually produced it?). I've pretty much always taken a large in their outerwear and the large fishtail is a tad more roomy than I'm used to their outerwear fitting - maybe an inch or so bigger in the chest. the quality is really high, as usual...