or Connect

Posts by DesignerValet

Nicely broken-in; hemmed to a 32.5" inseam Waist:16.5" Rise: 11" Inseam: 32.5" Leg Opening: 8.5" $100 shipped via USPS Priority Mail.
The Bal messenger is a solid, seasonless piece; not girly at all, IMO. I love a good zip-top messenger myself, and have considered that exact bag in the past. Price isn't bad either, and I'd take it over any canvas bag Gucci/LV/Prada is selling these days.
This. I've owned two Versace bags and have been impressed with the quality: nice leathers, good hardware, solid construction. If you can find one you like secondhand, the value is great; they keep very little of their value (maybe 10% of original retail). Of course, they don't have near the production or distribution of a bigger house, so they're few and far between.Yeah, the styling can be tacky. I do weirdly like the quilted leather "Couture" bags, even though I'm...
I have no experience with Glaser; maybe search the Classic Menswear section? At least a few of them have Glaser bags.
Here's a nice-looking pebbled leather tote that sneaks in (after 40% off) under the $300 limit so many people have posted. Haven't seen it in person, but it looks more premium than a lot of the Ben Minkoff/ MbMJ pieces at this price. http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446665157
+1As they say with auto suppliers: You can get whatever quality you're willing to pay for.
For me, Gucci has two key problems:-Frida Giannnini just isn't that good. She's predictable to the point of parody: florals for spring! Military for fall! Nautical for cruise! Under her direction, Gucci has devolved into a heritage factory, sputtering out house classics with the occasional residue of Ford-era sexiness. Basically, Armani or Dolce with a much better accessories business.-The brand is too big to be cool. When your brand can be bought online, in department...
So much has changed, and not for the better. I have a Vuitton reporter from 1999; the canvas is thick and chewy, the hardware is impeccable, and even the fabric strap feels sturdy and expensive. The canvas on the Keepall I bought in 2010 feels light, and maybe only half as thick. Every time I go into LV now, I'm disgusted; not by the prices (which have always been high) but the quality. A $2k bag should look and feel expensive, and they just don't anymore. The Kim Jones...
Volga Volga long hoodie, size large, purchased this a few years ago from the Archive in San Francisco. Excellent quality: three different textures, fine-tooth Riri zipper, oversized blended pockets and hood. Made in Tokyo. Good used condition. No stains, loose stitching, or odors present. Length (from base of collar): 32.5” Chest: 22.5” Shoulders: 20” Sleeve: 28.5” $220 $200 shipped
Fendi geometric print shirt, retail $690. Online purchase from Barney's last year. Hidden button placket, great textured fabric with black/brown print. Chest: 23.5" Shoulders: 19.5" Length: 32.5" Sleeves: 25" $200 $150 shipped OBO