or Connect

Posts by DesignerValet

Men's polarized Persol sunglasses, style PO3040S, frame size 59. Purchased a couple years back from Sunglass Hut and rarely worn; lenses in excellent shape. Includes box and case. http://www.persol.com/USA/sunglasses/PO3040S/95-58
Dior B16 sneakers, sz. 45. Visible signs of wear as pictured, but with plenty of life left: no odors, tears, or loose stitches. Includes dustbag. $40 shipped CONUS via USPS Priority.
NWT J. Crew hooded windbreaker in blue palm print. Sz. XL, snap hand pockets and a zippered chest pocket. Bought from J. Crew online and never worn. $35 shipped via Priority Mail
All good condition; can provide measurements upon request: 1. Jil Sander green check shirt, sz. 42/16.5 2. Marni geometric print shirt, sz. 54 SOLD 3. Marni rust print shirt, sz. 52 SOLD $80 $70; includes shipment via USPS Priority Mail.
Nice pair of classic Dior GATs purchased a few years back at Saks. Good condition, please review all pictures. Lining of the left shoe came loose and was professionally reinforced. Comes with box, dustbag, and replacement laces. $220 shipped via USPS Priority CONUS
Lanvin snap-front baseball shirt, size large. Made with a gorgeous, lightweight navy wool with tonal stitching detail down the front. Drop sleeves and oversized fit with single-piece sleeves that drape beautifully. Fits 52, but is unstructured and could easily accommodate 50-54. Purchased from Barneys a couple years back; retail was around $700. Chest: 23.5" Length: 33.5" Shoulder: 21.5" (drop sleeve) $120 shipped via Priority Mail
Looking at getting a couple CPs; have read mixed advice about whether or not to size down. I wear a 12.5 in Nike and 45 in pretty much everything else. Should I stick with 45 or size down to 44?
I think pebbled or naturally grained leather is the best combination of durability, feel, and all-weather capability. Examples of this on the high end would are Hermes' clemence and togo leathers and Vuitton's premium "taurillon" bags. They repel water, are flexible in most applications, shrug off most nicks and scratches, and develop a nice, "lived-in-but-not-beat-up" look over time. Bad versions of this can have inconsistent or artificial texture embossed over...
While on the topic of briefcases: this very nice Valextra is 50% off at The Corner. It's not a perfect bag (stiff textured leathers are not my favorite, and dark brown is, IMO, more challenging to pair than a lighter caramel shade or black) but at $1,230, I would consider this well-bought for a stylish, very good quality bag. http://www.thecorner.com/us/men/briefcase_cod55011579wp.html
Longchamp, T. Anthony, and even Polo RL make some nice-looking nylon/canvas briefs under $500. I no first-hand experience with any of them, though.