or Connect

Posts by Sharp Pointy Stick

Thanks for the feedback, think I will be returning it...Curious what makes it look purse-like? The shape? the white stitching? Thoughts on this one?
Good, Bad or Ugly? One comment I have from my wife is it looks purse-like? One issue I have is the shoulder strap is nylon, like a seatbelt, so I will see about getting a new leather strap made at a local shop.
Anyone tried/heard of Romarock Custom Tailors in Richmond?
Looking to order some shirts for the first time from Brook Brothers; Non-Iron End-on-End French Cuff Dress Shirt Non-Iron Pinpoint Ainsley Collar Dress Shirt in white and pink I am hoping to take advantage of there current sale. The majority of my dress shirts are 19-1/2 x 36/37 but have recently dropped a few pounds and some new shirts are 19x36/37. Questions are; Should I buy a 19x37 or a 20x37 from Brook Brothers, and then have the option to tailor the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sharp Pointy Stick I think I will go visit them today during lunch...hopefully they can turn the suit around by next Saturday, as I need it then for a Christmas party. Dropped in at lunch and meet a Asian women (I assume Joy, from reading this thread). Tried on the suit and asked for any recommended changes (I dont have the style knowledge yet to ask for specific changes); none were suggested, suit fits well, arm...
Quote: Originally Posted by dclloyd To get back on topic ... Oakridge is very good and would be a good option for you, but they're not the fastest. I think I will go visit them today during lunch...hopefully they can turn the suit around by next Saturday, as I need it then for a Christmas party.
Would Oakridge Tailors be able to help me with my suit?, link below; Link
Quote: Originally Posted by koolhistorian No, it will be too large in the shoulder area! Your tailor (if it is a MTM) should had compensated the fact that you have a "fallen" right shoulder, so your chest area is bulging with cloth, and the cut is not "clean". On the other hand, the pants are too small in the hips area, (you can see the stress lines around the fly) he or she should had that in mind if it is a real MTM, which in my mind is something made...
Thanks for the comments. I did need to go a larger size in the jacket to fit my waist. Quote: Originally Posted by mensimageconsultant You would do better with a white pocket square, because the current color is quite similar to the tie's. I was under the impression that the tie and pocket square should be the same color?
Please give me your opinion on my suit, vest and the outfit overall... The pants were tailored, the tailor said the jacket fit well, the vest was MTM. The pocket square needs some work and I havent ironed the shirt yet Thanks,