or Connect

Posts by Lowndes

AC does a sample shirt in HK before making the shirts you order.
Thanks for the input. I'm going to go ahead with my idea and have a coat very similar to the first made.
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton I much prefer DB to SB for overcoats. I think a SB Chesterfield would look far more conspicuous on a young man than a plain blue DB. I happen to be getting a plain blue DB myself so my biases are obvious. I think i might agree with you on DB vs. SB for overcoats. I was trying to look for some SB that I like as much as the DB i posted and just couldn't find any. Found some other great looking DB though. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by hatguy who are you commissioning for the coat? Gordon Yao
Thanks for the input so far. And I want to say the coat might be a RLPL but am not entirely sure. I just saved it to my desktop recently when searching for information about overcoats and didn't pay much attention to who actually made it.
I was hoping to get some input on what would be a great first overcoat (or really to confirm my decision). The primary purpose will be winter coat for NYC and I will be a mid 20's associate at a law firm. The coat is going to be in navy (not too dark though a really nice color of blue, JJ Minnis Melton 100% Wool). And I most likely will only be able to get one overcoat this winter but plan to supplement it next year with a bespoke camel hair polo coat. Hopefully, these...
I am going to get a Navy double breasted over coat made and was wondering as to the best size for the buttons on front. RJ Weldon is the only place that I seem to be able to locate them so am limited to their sizes. The two that I am in between are 40l or 45l. Which one would be appropriate? I've attached a picture that I might try to model the overcoat after.
Wondering if anybody has had good experience with a drycleaner on the UWS? Mainly looking for one that does a nice job with dress shirts. Thanks.
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton No, but then I don't pay attention that much. I just know that you can't take for granted that something you liked at Polo one year will be there the following year. Ok, I wonder when they will start coming out again. Still a little hot but hoping that they will be out soon enough for me to decide to purchase one or go bespoke. I have never paid attention either. Always lived where it was hot and this...
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton Brooks used to make a nice one. Not sure about now. Polo's last season was really perfect. I almost bit even though the back balance was noticeably short. From the front, it looked bespoke. Thanks, I noticed online that O'Connells sellls one too (I think that is in Buffalo). Have you ever noticed if they change much season to season? I've seen a few recent photos of Polo's version (I'm assuming it was...