or Connect

Posts by Lowndes

I set it up to be automatic so I don't notice the money and I know whatever is in my bank account I can spend. I just started working six months ago and this is what I have done so far. I put away about 10% of my gross into a 401(k) to max it out and get the maximum tax benefit there. And then I send about 10% of gross to my Vanguard Account as I really like their index funds. Not as diversified as I would like to be in different index funds currently because of the...
The 20% rule makes me feel a little bit better about my savings. I put away about 10% of gross in a 401K to may it out each year and also 10% of gross in general savings. Only 26 and just started working six months ago so when I look at my balance it doesn't seem like much. However, this thread inspired me to run a compund interest calculator and assuming an 8% return for 40 years on my current balance it comes out to about $400,000. Nice little motivation to keep...
This http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=224389
Thanks both of those look great.
Looks pretty awesome but a little pricey. Cheapest room I saw for our dates was 1100 a night. I was hoping to keep it around 300 a night. Any ideas for that price?
Napa, I believe it is at V. Sattui
Wife and I are headed there in August for a wedding and looking for a cool, relaxing place to stay. Anything from B&B to House to Hotel. Thanks
Quote: Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser If the firm is based in NYC, and you have an eye on making partner, staying in NYC can be advantageous. I can't think of any other major upside. Thanks for the input. Firm is not based in NYC and I would be moving to the home office.
Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 These two statements seem rather contradictory to me Why do you love it then if you don't take advantage of it? NYC is expensive - some people think the life is worth the price, some don't. Just like with everything that is expensive, or that simply has a price. No one but you can tell if it's worth $1800 a month or not. Well, I've loved it when I have free time which does occur on occasion with...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser Is the work you're doing concentrated in NYC? When I worked for a law firm, I worked with lawyers in other offices, but I'm sure that NYC had most of the corporate/M&A work. No, not really. There probably wouldn't be any difference in the type of work I do whether I am in NYC or the other city.