or Connect

Posts by Lowndes

Yes, please let me know as well. Looking for some suede unlined chukkas.
Quote: Originally Posted by Peak and Pine Maybe I missed something here. You got caught in the rain, right? You didn't get pushed into a mid pit. So don't get it cleaned at all. Yet. Let it dry slowly. The guts will take a while. Is it lined? Longer, if it is. If it didn't get crumpled or pinched, the whole thing should come out fine. You don't need no stinkin' tailor nor any $40 Chevy Chase cleaning job. Your really only worry is shrinkage and only God...
Title says it all.
anybody know how long it takes to receive samples in the mail? And if they are sent USPS or UPS?
Quote: Originally Posted by brittain Its always great to find oneself posted as an example of a bad suit. I agree though, the shoulders of my chan aren't as soft as I was hoping. Foo is right, I asked for a very soft shoulder and specifically used the word "neopolitan". I guess I wasn't vocal enough, so next time I'll be even more clear. My main complaint with my shoulders is that they arent symmetrical- my right shoulder has a bit of a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Slewfoot How about we all talk about Chan again for a bit? I must say that I was surprised to read on the website that Patrick Chu has been at Chan since 1986. I wouldn't have pegged him over 35 years old, but clearly he must be. It's comforting to know Patrick has such dedication to tailoring and to Chan itself. Patrick might have started fairly young. I met with Ascot Chang the other day and found out Nelson...
Quote: Originally Posted by Vintage Gent I'd like to know exactly what those are. I've made what I consider to be three unusual requests of Chan--a cape, a boating blazer (blazer with white edge binding) and a Norfolk jacket. The first two they flat out admitted they could not and would not do. The third they felt confident producing only if they could have at least three fittings with me, which would be quite time consuming given that the firm only...
Quote: Originally Posted by dmash1080 lol my thoughts exactly. That comment was absurd. Throw in some extra virgin olive oil and that is a fantastic P.M. meal for the most avid weightlifters/fitness enthusiasts. or anyone wanting to stay lean for that matter. I concur on that. Out of the three meals listed I would much prefer the skinless chicken breast over a protein shake and a few pieces of meat here and there. I have to eat real food....
Ascot Chang was just in town and that is the route I am taking. It is especially nice because I got measured here and will be in Hong Kong in a few months to get the fit right and pick up my shirts. And one thing I didn't realize AC does is make a sample shirt before they actually make the shirts you order. However, I'm pretty sure they only do this if you are going to be going through HK or maybe one of their store locations.
Thanks for that article, I haven't seen that yet.