or Connect

Posts by Lowndes

Quote: Originally Posted by FidelCashflow Hey, it's the same guy in both pics! http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...lt_color=Khaki http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...732cat13560739 that dude is all over the place. I noticed something similar the other day, however, it was with suits. He was the model for some really cheap suits as well as the BB's.
Quote: Originally Posted by tamper I just ordered a samuelsohn (at Harry Rosen) my first MTM a week ago at here in Toronto. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Be sure to tell them how you use your suits, it will affect the advice they give you on fabrics. (I'm hard on clothes, sales lady suggested more durable fabrics) If you know what you want you might want, or have questions to ask, it might be good to write down some notes before going in. You'll...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tcameron Yesterday, I was waiting for someone outside of a restaurant where a Limo was double-parked out front. A disgruntled valet came up to me and asked: "Are you the driver?" as he pointed to the Limo taking up the space he needed. I shook my head and with a chill, affirmative tone said "No." This wasn't as bad as later in the evening being called a "Tool" from a rather drunk gentleman at a restaurant. After dealing...
Yes, $1200 is what they start at. Well, I believe they start less but for what I told the guy he said it'll probably be about $1200 or so. I'm prepared to spend more though. Probably up to about $1600. This is all at The Hound in San Francisco. Also, their RTW starts below $1000 from what I have seen.
Quote: Originally Posted by jbbreau I was able to spend the 175$ but didn't feel like to for a second-hand suit... I am presently shopping for a suit I'll be getting in a couple of months, I want to see a suit from every price range so I can make a better decision then... This is why I wanted to a Zegna suit, to decide if it was worth it for me. And sorry if my english is bad, I'll make an effort. They told me they didn't carry Zegna anymore...
I picked up a Navy Blue Blazer from Brooks Brothers several weeks back. I like it a lot. Regent cut with double vents. However, it has brass buttons with an image of a sheep or something dangling that I don't like that much. What are some examples of buttons that I can change them too? I've read brown horn buttons is a good option but what else do people like? I want to keep the blazer look to it but make it appear a little bit "younger". Any suggestions would be...
Sorry, another question I had was if anybody is familiar with Samuelsohn models what are some of their slimmer fitting models? In particular, what are the names of the models that have a silhouette similar to a British style? Just trying to know a little more before I go in. Thanks
Hi, after a lot of research and trying on various suits I think I have decided to return my Brooks Brothers Fitzgerald suits that I have previously purchased and go the MTM route. Out of all the suits that I have tried on I liked the Zegna the most but at over $2200 it seemed a little too expensive. Instead I am going to get a Navy and Charcoal Samuelsohn suit made at The Hound in San Francisco. It seems like a pretty good deal for around $1200 a suit. My question...
Looking to purchase a 43R Zegna Roma suit in Navy Blue. Thank you.
I tried on a Zegna Roma suit today and absolutely loved the fit. However, I didn't really like the $2200 price tag. Does anybody know of an option that isn't as inexpensive but has a very similar cut and feel? Samuelsohn seems to be highly regarded here and was curious if they might be able to make a similar suit? Thanks in advance. Also, sorry for the repetitive posts but after further research it seems that the Paul Smith suit I asked about earlier isn't that well made.