or Connect

Posts by Lowndes

Quote: Originally Posted by bc78 So, I've decided to go with the Lowndes but will probably pick up a second pair as well. I was thinking the either the Drummond or the Hallam in dark brown. Any thoughts/opinions on which I should get? Good choice, I just received my pair in the mail this week. They are gorgeous shoes. Pictures don't do them justice. They look even better in person.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rossocorsa I like Hanes t-shirts, and they are very affordable. I agree, I have been on the lookout for some good V Neck shirts and decided to just go cheap before I started spending money on them. I bought some Hanes early today for 3 for 10 bucks. They seem to do the job just fine.
I was wondering if anybody has read a good book on the history of Saville Row and English Tailoring. I've recently been more interested in this sort of thing and would like to read more about it. If you have any suggestions please let me know. Thanks.
I just watched it and found it really interesting.
Quote: Originally Posted by polar-lemon Wouldn't really do that. What if you want to fold them down? Would you not do it because it would look funny you that you might want to fold them down later in the day? I don't think it would cause any problems for me not to fold them down because I wear dress shirts everyday with jeans to school with the sleeves folded up in this matter and can't think of a single time where I have folded them down...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jermyn Street Jonny I think the combination of blue gingham and navy suit will look very good. I wear this look regularly. I also like the idea of getting it in french cuff, but would echo one of the previous responses that pointed out the likelihood that this will limit the usefulness/wearability of the shirt (unless you are comfortable wearing a FC shirt without suit/tie). I like the idea of french cuffs, but have to admit...
Quote: Originally Posted by andyw +1 on the French cuffs, but everything else in your proposed outfit is a superb look! thanks
Quote: Originally Posted by comrade I am a little confused. The shirt you reference is for a wedding? or an internship at a Law Firm? If for the latter, I would cancel my order and substitute this from H&H: G5 - Blue mini check shirt - £49.50 Also a word about H& H. I ordered a bunch of shirts from them a few years ago. I specified button cuffs for the dress shirts and button cuffs for the "country shirts". The "dress"shirts came with French...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaplan I've never had this problem with french cuffs, but I prefer barrel cuffs anyway. Especially with a paterned shirt. It annoys me how H&H forces a pocket on you if you want a barrel cuff Just so you know they will remove the pocket if you ask. They are removing all of the pockets on my shirts. I believe they can only do this on Poplins.
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Classter Some ideas for you... Thanks so much, I always loving seeing what others are doing and try to incorporate that into creating my personal style.