or Connect

Posts by Lowndes

Thanks for the input so far. And I want to say the coat might be a RLPL but am not entirely sure. I just saved it to my desktop recently when searching for information about overcoats and didn't pay much attention to who actually made it.
I was hoping to get some input on what would be a great first overcoat (or really to confirm my decision). The primary purpose will be winter coat for NYC and I will be a mid 20's associate at a law firm. The coat is going to be in navy (not too dark though a really nice color of blue, JJ Minnis Melton 100% Wool). And I most likely will only be able to get one overcoat this winter but plan to supplement it next year with a bespoke camel hair polo coat. Hopefully, these...
I am going to get a Navy double breasted over coat made and was wondering as to the best size for the buttons on front. RJ Weldon is the only place that I seem to be able to locate them so am limited to their sizes. The two that I am in between are 40l or 45l. Which one would be appropriate? I've attached a picture that I might try to model the overcoat after.
Wondering if anybody has had good experience with a drycleaner on the UWS? Mainly looking for one that does a nice job with dress shirts. Thanks.
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton No, but then I don't pay attention that much. I just know that you can't take for granted that something you liked at Polo one year will be there the following year. Ok, I wonder when they will start coming out again. Still a little hot but hoping that they will be out soon enough for me to decide to purchase one or go bespoke. I have never paid attention either. Always lived where it was hot and this...
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton Brooks used to make a nice one. Not sure about now. Polo's last season was really perfect. I almost bit even though the back balance was noticeably short. From the front, it looked bespoke. Thanks, I noticed online that O'Connells sellls one too (I think that is in Buffalo). Have you ever noticed if they change much season to season? I've seen a few recent photos of Polo's version (I'm assuming it was...
I'm in the two overcoat camp. All I need is a camelhair polo coat and a navy chesterfield. Currently have zero so need to get to work on those purchases. Prefer to purchase them rather than get made but don't know if that is an option. Edit: Speaking of which, I guess I should start thinking about this because if my only option is to get them made I need to start that soon. Currently have zero coats. I am thinking about getting the polo coat this winter and...
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton You can wear a blue and gold scarf all you want and I bet not a single Cal grad anywhere will even make the connection. I would walk up to him and question him to make sure he wasn't posing as a Cal grad and wearing colors that he didn't earn. Just kidding, you are right I wouldn't draw the connection. I don't really associate ties and scarves colors to the school somebody attended. They are just colors to me.
Quote: Originally Posted by brittain I contacted Ricky about the collar being wrong (sent me a shirt with a white contrast collar, which I didnt order) and Ricky eventually replied he would send me a new one. The package finally arrived and all he sent was a new collar. I guess Im supposed to go to a local tailor and have them sew the new collar onto the shirt. I was expecting an entire shirt, not just the collar. Am I wrong, or is this just another...
Yes, please let me know as well. Looking for some suede unlined chukkas.