or Connect

Posts by Lowndes

Indeed, when I started this process I didn't think I would buy another nice watch for quite awhile. Not sure if I'll be able to hold off the temptation now. Also, I still want to be able to use the watch in casual settings but by that I mean nice pants and a sweater rather than shorts and flip flops. In short, I'm trying to say that I am putting the most emphasis on having a nice watch to wear with suits.
Thanks everybody. I took a look at the Reverso and while a gorgeous watch it isn't what I am going for. I have researched the companies a lot and while I like the looks of the IWC the best I like the company and movement of the JLC more. I'll probably just study more and wait a week and go back and try them on again and just get the one I love the most that way. Thought it would be an easier choice than this!
Thanks for the help so far. I'm a mid level associate at a large law firm in Texas. The reason why I am picking a brown strap is because I don't like bracelets and it's probably been three years since I've worn black anything other than to a couple of funerals and formal events. I just greatly prefer brown. On the watch front I actually added a couple to the mix last night and am now between the IWC Portuguese Chrono, JLC Master Chrono or JLC Master Hometime. I like...
I am looking to purchase my first nice watch and have narrowed it down to two choices (A) the IWC Portuguese Chronograph with blue hands or (B) the Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Hometime. I would put whatever I choose on a brown leather strap. Below are links to the watches. http://www.iwc.com/en/collection/portuguese/IW3714/ http://www.jaeger-lecoultre.com/US/en/watches/master-hometime/1628430 I'm a 30 year old attorney and I am buying this watch mainly to be worn with...
Hi, been following this thread for a bit now as I am looking to get my first nice watch. The watch that I am liking the most is an IWC Portugese Chrono on a brown leather strap. Sounds like a lot of people in this thread are not fans of this watch and I'm curious if it is. (A ) they simply don't like the way it looks or (B) there is something else wrong with the watch/company. This watch will mainly be worn with suits in a law firm environment but I also want the...
I've put this one off for a while now but I really need to finally go out and purchase a tux. I plan to get one made by WW Chan on his next visit to the states. My strong preference would be to go midnight blue as I'm not a huge fan of wearing black. Am I correct that a midnight blue tux is acceptable everywhere that a standard black tux would be?
Did you end up ordering the wallet? If so, how do you like it and how is the quality? I was thinking about getting that exact wallet from them.
Curious if anybody has had any suits made here and what your overall impression was. Thanks!
165.84 + 8 = 173.84
Well I wish I was a Navy SEAL but my fear of heights and open water got in the way. Plus I am not in very good shape.