or Connect

Posts by Lowndes

Does anybody here routinely switch out the strap on their watches? As previously mentioned I recently got an IWC Portuguese Chronograph and love it for pretty much all the scenarios I need a watch for except the most formal. For weekend casual wear though I would prefer to put it on a lighter honey color strap. How easy are straps to switch out and does anybody do this?
Picked up the Medium Travel Bag, Zippered Tote and Dopp Kit to add to my collection today. All in tan. Can't wait to receive them. Thinking about getting the suit cover but not sure if it would serve much of a function for me. I see myself using my 257 and Travel bag for virtually all of my travel needs.
Just recently have gotten into bourbon and drinking Michter's 10 year tonight. It's probably my favorite bourbon that I've tried so far.
Thanks, I'm loving it. Even just driving around today I kept admiring how nice it looks especially when light hits it just right and the hands are that nice shade of blue.I'd suggest Watchuseek. Rolexs seem to move pretty quick there from what I can tell.
Yes, I liked it a lot as well. The watch started running really loud and was also getting condensation on the inside of the crystal. The AD said that sometimes JLC takes months to fix problems like these and couldn't give me a good estimate of when I would be getting the watch back. Obviously he could tell I was extremely disappointed that the first really nice watch I purchased was going to be sent away for an unknown amount of time and graciously allowed me to return...
Had problems with the JLC Master Chrono so ended up returning it and getting the IWC Portuguese Chrono instead. Here is a wrist shot (although a low quality one)
So we are about to move into a new house and one of the first things I am going to do is setup a home bar where I can make a variety of drinks for both my wife's and my consumption as well as for when friends come over. If you had $2000 to spend on liquor to setup a homebar what would be your picks for maximum versatility?
Got the Wilfa drip coffee maker for Christmas and it is by far the best drip coffee maker I've used. Looks great too. If anybody is in the market for a drip maker Id recommend at least giving the Wilfa a look.
Gorgeous!My thoughts exactly. Looks better than a lot I've seen and the seller seems very knowledgeable on vintage pieces but at the end of the day I just don't have the knowledge to know whether it is a good deal or not.
Is there a good site for finding values on vintage watches? I'm looking to purchase a JLC Memovox Cal 825 (1958) and am trying to research if I am overpaying. The watch I'm looking at supposedly has all original parts and has been very well maintained. The seller is asking $3k.