or Connect

Posts by Lowndes

Easy 4.2 miles today. First run back after doing the NYC Marathon on Sunday. Felt great to be running again.
I'm about the same measurements except for 6'2" and am receiving a Kent Wang polo today in large. Hopefully it works well but I'll report back on the sizing. One of the nice things about living in Houston is every Kent Wang delivery comes next day!
Quick question on measurements. Has anybody mailed in an existing shirt for them to copy measurements from? Would this be the most accurate way to get the fit one wants if they like the way an existing shirt fits? I'm thinking of just going this route and then next time I'm in NYC to swing by to get the fit dialed in.
Has anybody gone and been measured in person? If so are they able to dial in the fit pretty quickly that way? I'll be in NYC next month and am thinking of switching from Ascot Chang because of the convenience of ordering and cost savings. Also, do they do a button down collar with a nice roll to it?
Thanks, just lighter weight wools in light grey, blue, tan, etc. Nothing crazy just the basics. I'll end up getting them MTM if that is the only option but I'm a pretty standard size in pants so would prefer to save a bit of money there if it is at all possible.
Anybody know of a good RTW option for summer trousers with side adjusters? I'm having trouble finding many options but really dislike belts.
As an FYI, they have now opened up a NY showroom so it is a lot more convenient for us guys in the States to have something made up. I've only dealt with them by email so far but they have been very informative and I'm looking forward to my first appointment. '
Actually I owe Kent an apology. I just plugged the items back in to check shipping and it was like $7 which is pretty reasonable (Saphir, dusting brush and shoe horn). The problem must have bee that I originally had some shoe trees I my cart but removed them and the shipping didn't adjust. Anyways just wanted to post the above to clarify a bit.
It was a pair of white sneakers that weigh like 2 or 3 pounds and cost $90. This next order was going to be Saphir renoveatuer, a shorn horn and a brush. Again couldn't be much more than a couple pounds but shipping was going to be $17 via USPS.. Finally my memory might be wrong but I live in Houston and thought the shoes shipped from Houston. Maybe I am completely wrong though because I've never heard that Kent Wang had a Houston affiliation.
Are there ever any shipping discount codes? Not to be cheap but I ordered a pair of shoes last month and the shipping cost was like $17 and believe they were shipped via usps from the same town I live in. I was looking at ordering a few Saphir products a moment ago and the shipping would be $17 for USPS. Seems really high to me and I don't usually think twice about shipping charges.