or Connect

Posts by Lowndes

What kind of car was it?
2015 Goals Get rid of the excess weight so my bespoke suits fit again. Then get the following: 1. 10 bespoke ties from Sam Hober 2. 10 new dress shirts from Ascot Chang 3. 2 new bespoke suits from Despos 4. 2 new bespoke sport coats from Despos 5. 2 new odd trousers from Despos 6. Alden Indy Boots 7. Alden Suede chukka boots
Just to be clear I wasn't outraged at all. At first it simply didn't make any sense to me as to why Customs would be confiscating Rolexs so I figured there had to be more to it. After researching a bit it at least made some sense.
Probably a noob question but what is an OM?
Yes, I use to use a G Shock a while back which is why I wanted one again. I plan to use it for running, camping, skiing, etc.
No, what I am saying is that as owner of the Rolex trademark they get to set whether their goods can be imported into certain countries and under what circumstances. This has more to do with trademark law than with a distribution agreement (although I'm sure the distribution agreement says the same thing Customs wouldn't be enforcing this if there was no trademark on the product. U.S. Customs could care less what a third party distribution agreement says I would...
Thanks, I'll get a picture up soon. G Shock is coming in the mail and don't want to leave anybody out!
I agree, not sure what their basis would be? Certainly they could confiscate a fake Rolex but that isn't what we are talking about. As an individual violating a company's distribution agreement isn't illegal.Edit: I looked into it a bit more and it is actually a trademark violation which is why customs can confiscate them. Interesting as I wouldn't have thought that.
So one of the straps on a pair of double monks I own completely broke the other day. Has anybody had any luck getting this repaired?
Picked up a Rolex Explorer II (white dial) and a Casio G Shock today. My collection is coming along nicely now considering the only watch I owned a week ago was a Seiko SARB031. Right now I've got the three mentioned above and a JLC Master Control Chronograph. I want to get a vintage Omega as a more formal watch now. Once I find that I should have a nice collection that will get me through almost any situation. On another note do you guys like watch winders? I'm...