or Connect

Posts by Sander

Looks nice, but I wouldn't be comfortable wearing it with a suit. I think there is no real alternative to a classic briefcase (or portfolio if you pack light).
Almost the same tie as jasonmarshall but in the streets of Milan, not an NYC (I suppose) rooftop. It was my first time in Milan (actually seeing the city, not just passing through) and I was really impressed with the general sartorial level. Seen lots of well-cut, well-paired suits on people who probably don't all work in the fashion business. Plus lots of very elegant women; really exceeded my expectations.
Two days ago in Milan.
In my mind, a tie bar is there to stop a tie from dangling, not keep it up (as a tie pin would). So the ideal placement would be around your natural waist.Thanks; I see it as Monkeyface below, a lower placement would be less dandy. But again, we're really nitpicking here; you always look great.
Good and restrained as always, but if I were to nitpick: the structure of the tie looks cheap in the close-up; tie bar is too high (doesn't serve any function) and the braces are positioned too close to the center. Maybe you just did this for the challenge? But really, these are tiny complaints.
Btw, this is the exact moment where I thought "Wait, don't I have to be somewhere? Oh yeah right, the barber's!"
Technically, this is my birthday suit, since Shibumi turns two today; btw, to celebrate, there is 10% discount on everything until friday (code ANNIVERSARY). I also took my new briefcase for a spin, surprisingly subltle for a green one.
I think you're right, it is misleading and purposely so. The fact that many people (in fact only many people who know a lot more than the average person about watches) know the real meaning of these terms does not change that it is a bad system to display water resistance.I think in Germany it is in fact not allowed to display wr with meters rating, only atm.
I would widen the lapel and lower the buttoning point if you are after a timeless look. Not sure if the lapel can be changed at this stage though.
Paisley, old sport (is it allright if I call you old sport?), very nice fit, but the shoes are ugly as hell and the pants could use a smaller leg opening, no?I think this would greatly benefit from a quieter tie. The suit itself is a lot to digest, together with the patterned tie it becomes not so easy on the eye.