or Connect

Posts by Lafayette

I don't think I should lower my standards. I think you should raise yours.If you're spending $275 to $380 on jeans, you deserve top quality construction.It's not about the five bucks, it's about the principle of the matter.Yes, it's *just* denim. Which is why it should be done right. If it's so simple, then there's less reason to screw it up. It shouldn't happen frequently.Gustin has been more than helpful in the return / exchange process. If they had a "get over it"...
I think asking Gustin to reimburse me for the shipping return charges is reasonable, as they sent me a faulty product. No, it's not a lot of money, but it's the principle of the matter. It's not about greed, it's about not footing the bill for mistakes made by someone else.Gustin has agreed to reimburse the shipping charges.Their great customer service means that I'm staying a customer. In the long run, they profit by eating the shipping charges (for their mistake).You...
Yes, I received your e-mail. Thanks for the speedy reply.For all watching this thread about quality control issues and G's customer service, they've agreed to replace the jeans with whatever they have in stock or give me credit for an upcoming run.Thanks, Gustin staff.
Yeah, I'm waiting on a response.I thought I'd "go public" with my issue, as there are those out there that may be interested in dropping some cash on their products. I want their potential customers to have an idea of their quality control issues.Seriously, it really pisses me off that I waited on a pair of jeans that turned out to have such shoddy craftsmanship. For a company that claims their products rival $200 jeans, they sold me a product that cannot even rival $35...
More quality control issues with Gustin: I ordered the 18 oz Super Heavy jeans. They arrived with this flaw in the fly (near the top, you can see the thread not going all the way to the waistline): I didn't think too much of it at the time. I wore these about a dozen times and threw them in the washer. After washing and wearing them a couple of times, this was noticed: The thread around one of the button holes on the fly has come undone. I have no idea if this was...
I'm currently wearing a Gustin size 33 9 oz Super Lights and they've out more an inch. I'm wearing them with a 35" belt (exactly 35") and they've stretched out to the belt. I don't know if they'd stretch more without the belt to keep the stretching in check.They've yet to get washed, so I cannot comment on how a hot wash and dryer (sacrilege to some) would shrink them back down a bit.
I have two pairs of Gustins, the Super Light 9 oz and some Italian Classics which are 14 oz (I think).Both are a size 33.The Super Light 9 oz. stretched out a bit more than expected. The Italian Classics 14 oz. stretched about as expected.Sorry, but I don't have a tape measure right now (or the jeans - I'm at work) so I can't give the specifics.In the future, I'll continue to order the standard and heavier Gustins in a 33 and the lighter (and I do mean lighter) in a 32.For...
Short answer: It's Bonobos pants, only shorter.Longer answer:I have last year's offerings of their shorts, which are currently unavailable at their site. They fit just like the pants. I can't comment on their current offerings as they move their manufacturing about (once USA, then China and India, etc.).Bonobos has issues with their sizing. If you read the reviews on the site of their various pants, a common complaint is the sizing is inconsistent from model to model and...
I'm moving into a loft next month and also have the air circulation issue to address. I'm planning on going for a Vornado air circulator. While "air circulator" sounds like a fancy way of saying "fan," apparently there's a big difference. A Styleforum search combined with Amazon reviews confirms this. I won't have any feedback until next month, so until then I can only recommend doing a Vornado search. Anyone with a Vornado reading this, please chime in.
Quote: Originally Posted by Joffrey Discuss habits about cleaning and guests before you commit to moving in with each other. If one is a slob and the other is a neat freak you will have problems no matter how courteous you think you'll both be before the fact. If one is a hermit and the other goes out/has guests alot you will also have problems. So discuss how you'd intend to keep the public areas clean (alternate between dishes every week? set time out...