or Connect

Posts by fibonacci

Quote: Originally Posted by LatinStyleLover I looked at the sellers item desxription and it occurred to me that he seems to be from GB where they use the metric system so he might have gotten the conversion to inches wrong? There is no way that is 17.5 inches, even with your poor photography. By the way, it is not difficult to lay a garment flat and correctly place the tape measure and photograph an item. Not sure why you have to hold the garment...
Quote: Originally Posted by ivan k Maybe he took the measurement from the front. He said across the back actually. This is the actual post: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=170968
Quote: Originally Posted by dave5 Well, you shouldn't be. The measurements being significantly off is no different than if you buy a size 42 suit and get sent a 40 or 44. If you did not get what you bought, a refund seems obvious. Here's the point in question: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?p=3202736
Quote: Originally Posted by randob300 I'm glad you're not a carpenter. You should be laying the garment carefully and neatly on a hard surface and then actually using the tape properly (in the first photo, you've started the 'measurement at 3/8", not to mention the undulations). With that said, based on that second picture, I don't see this coat ever measuring out to a 17.5; 18.5 maybe, but probably not much less than that. I think accuracy to about...
Darn, didn't mean to post this in SW&D.
Quote: Originally Posted by Hazad I've always gone by the guide posted by A Harris (found here: http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...1&postcount=1). "Shoulder width - This measurement should be taken from shoulder seam to shoulder seam at the widest point" That's what I'm trying to do. Here's another picture taken from an angle similar to the one in that guide. The measurement comes out the same, and in any event I don't see two points...
I asked for a return from seller UFN because he posted the shoulder measurement of an Aquascutum coat as 17.5" and I got it as 19", which to me is an egregious difference. I sent him a photo; his response: "I would say that even that picture is open to interpretation and that we don't agree how to take the measurements." I even offered to pay the shipping back to him, and he refused. Granted, I asked for the return several weeks late because I was on vacation etc, but I...
Quote: Originally Posted by HRoi are you GinoAGC's buyer? No, I think I missed this story =). I'm not into badmouthing people and I want to see if I can resolve the issue before bringing it out in public.
I'm releasing a bunch of stuff back into the wild. These are all items that I bought for myself but didn't work out or I just don't wear. I've sold several times on the forum to satisfied buyers and had many uniformly smooth purchase transactions. I also have the coveted 100% positive ebay feedback. All prices include shipping in the CONUS. If you're in NYC we could arrange drop offs. Outside that, please PM me. Any other questions, please ask and I will update...
Quote: Originally Posted by dave5 Is this a serious question? Um...yes? I have encountered resistance. In fact I am encountering it right now.