or Connect

Posts by Thomas

Oh, I never liked Rose and ended up giving it away. Labdanum, likewise. But the Oud has stayed pretty much the same.Well, that's a tough question to answer, there were times when I forgot I had it, despite seeing the bottle (cap) every day. So I guess it got elbowed out a bit - by what I don't know. It's not noticeably different from before, but I just care less about it. I used to sniff my wrist and stare into space when I wore this, but now...nope.Actually, I'm not...
Yesterday: Oud 27 Strangely I'm not as much a raving fan as I once was. Today: Goutal Ambre Fetiche. Still a winner
Well, I'm not up-to-date on the market, but what I knew was that as for new makes, among major manufacturers there's Dovo and Thiers-Issard and that's about it. As I've heard, T-I's build quality has gotten much better in the past 3-4 years - or, when they introduced the Silverwing model. There are a number of boutique / low-run makers: Bill Ellis, Mastro Livi, Tim Zowada, Heribert Wacker. Opinions vary but they're generally shades of enthusiastic. I'm sure I'm...
feh. Today I'm stuck using a $30 Lamy fountain pen with an italic nib that borders ever so slightly towards calligraphy when I'm paying attention to my form. But even then, it's like saying I'm 'stuck in Paris' or London which is really not an ordeal despite the choice of words. It uses ink rather quickly, though but that just means I might use up one of these ink bottles in the next year or two.
I thought the same thing at the end - Kiffin just looked lost or disinterested. I don't know much about him, but I'm curious how he's landed the jobs he has.
So I slept in this morning because I had a late entry to the office for inventory. Took my leisurely time until it was nearly too late, then scrambled into the shower and hurried into whatever I could find. Oddly enough my thoughts drifted to Yatagan, and I couldn't find it - so I spun through a drawer's worth of scents but none would suffice. Finally dug up the Yatagan, applied liberally, and dashed off to work.
I think I used DE for about a month or two, and then jumped to straight. It took a few days for my hand to stop shaking, I think it was a couple of weeks before I started switching hands, and I cut myself every day for the first month. Sharpening it was pretty easy for me, though - I had experience with knives and carpentry tools so I had everything I needed to get a keen edge. Benefits: I haven't needed to buy a razor or replacement blades - and can't foresee that need...
Today we're counting inventory. And tomorrow, and maybe even Sunday as well.Been there, done that. Got to change the rest of the plugs in the wife's car this weekend. Only like, 9 more to go.TSA broke the headstock off our XC student's guitar. Tried to file a claim for it, and found the process so profoundly cumbersome and irritating that we just paid for the repair ourselves.
They both give excellent results when used properly. A straight features a steeper learning curve and a LOT more maintenance, though. FWIW, I've been using the straight since 2006 or so.