or Connect

Posts by rbny

Thank you for your response to my review. Yes, I would welcome the opportunity to "test drive" the Bruno Mezzano for the Apple 5s w/a Tech 21 Impact Mesh case and write a review on it. I fully understand the challenges associated with a start up company producing merchandise that is mass marketed to the general public. Especially something like cases for a smart phone. I do applaud your effort for at least trying to cover the most popular versions with the corresponding...
Your experience with Prada sneakers has nothing to do with Prada financing the operation of Church's Shoes. I would venture to guess that Prada did not physically make the dainite soles of the Church's Ryder Boots, however, there is/was an apparent failure in Quality Control somewhere during the making of these soles. Whoever Prada contracted or assigned to oversee the assembly of this particular dainite sole at the Church's Shoe factory or for them did not seem to do a...
I've had Barrett Grande for over a week and this is my review: I have an Apple iPhone 5s with a Tech 21 Impact Mesh case and ordered the Barrett Grande in black leather based on recommendations from Blacksmith-Labs. The construction of the case is very good with a few stray threads but nothing that I think will compromise the integrity of the case. Blacksmith-Labs uses good quality leather but I believe that the Horween leather is probably the version to get if I were...
How long have you had the boot? The other poster had his for 18 months; I had mine for a month before it started separating which is unacceptable. It seems that all our boots were showing the same signs of separation on the left foot. Personally, I would return it and have them correct the issue. I really like the style of these boots and the last fits me well. However, any shoe manufacturer, especially like Church's Shoes, should correct any defects with their...
I just spoke to the Church's Shoes store in Manhattan where I bought it and they're arranging for UPS to pick it up on Monday (7/7). Hopefully, they'll send me a replacement soon and this defect in the sole construction has been corrected. Thanks everyone.
I just took pics of mine as well showing the separation-it appears to be in the same area:  
I have a pair of Ryder III's that I just bought in the Church's NYC store on Madison over a month ago and noticed the same thing on the left shoe these past two weeks. I thought I had rubbed on something and did not worry about it until now. Anyone have any thoughts? Should I send this back to the NYC store?
-Russell Moccasin (100% Made in USA) -Gitman Bros. Shirts -James Perse T-Shirts -Aether Apparel (some items) -Levis LVC (jeans) -Smartwool and Thorlos socks (last I checked they were still made in the US) -Schott Leather Jackets (Most of them)
-Levi's LVC 1955 501 (2010 line) -ROY (Mid 2010) -Sugar Cane SC2009
I have several pairs of Aldens-mostly in Plaza lasted shoes and chukkas and I also have Barrie lasted chukka and shell cordovan PTB; Trubulance lasted Indy Boot and shell cordovan Hampton lasted cap toed blucher. I find that the Plaza lasted shoes, especially the bluchers, fit me the best. However, none of the chukkas or boots really fit me well since I need a little more toe room since I have a D+ width forefoot but I have narrower heels/ankles and instep. My feet also...