or Connect

Posts by flambard

Less than six months ago I was in Japan. Bought a shirt at Uniglo, size Medium. Here in the states I bought the same shirt at a Uniglo store. Size Medium - it is way too large. Neck too large, sleeves too long, body too much room. A fluke? Perhaps not. During the store visit I also bought a Medium 'Slim Fit' shirt. The 'Slim Fit' shirt is also too large. I will have to bring the two shirts back to the store and exchange for Small. Uniglo advanced planning,...
Hello, everyone - - it has been a while since I contributed. Went out for my run this morning - it was chilly and overcast so I went back in and put on an extra layer. I've been training recently for a half marathon (it will be my fifth). I ran an eleven miler a couple of days ago. It is time to start tapering down the miles as part of the training program. My legs were still tired from the eleven mile training run. Two miles into the run a cold wind picked up. ...
Congratulations on your mid life (crisis!) career change. Have you observed how 'low' the every day man dresses? So painful. Drab colored, ill-fitting, low-budget, hangdog, t-shirt slouching, beer bellied, muffin topped, dumb, expressionless, rubber shoed, ugly denimed, Old Navy-ed, latest-fashioned, directionless, broken ruddered, nose ringed, basketball jersey, baseball capped....... And that is just the gals they are trying to score on! The fellows are even...
Hello, Gents Just tried and finished the Crest Whitestrips. I picked the 14-day (Power #3 type). 30 mins per day for 14 days. Worked great. My teeth are much whiter. My friend said she noticed my teeth were 'a bit' whiter after my third day of use. But overall I would say it was gradual. That's my two cents.
Myself, I ran six arduous miles today. (Enough for this oldster).Oh, speaking of animals on the road - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vACtukwBHTw
Yay, five Knucks! Thank you!
This weekend I saw a completely round gal (that sad modern day body-type) take a mis-step and fall off the corner curb. Her equally rotund female friend could not help her up. Several skinny types pitched in to help but could not get the poor gal off the ground. Just as I decided I should run over to lend a hand I noticed a big and strong 'motorcyle type" fellow arrive to finally lift her up onto her feet. (Thank goodness.) It looked like she may have twisted her...
Tom Wolfe my favorite modern, living writer. May he have many, many more years.
'August 1914' Alexander Solzhenitsyn Here is a bit about it - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/August_1914
Walking around Polk Street area in San Francisco I was sorry to note the Lumiere Theater was boarded up. Not sure of its fate but I cannot imagine it will reopen. It was part of the Landmark chain. In the mid-70s, early 80s it was a modest one screen movie house. As the decades rolled on it was chopped into mini theaters. Though the Lumiere was not a regal plaster palace it is another loss in the culture of movie theaters. I never went out to movies often so I...