or Connect

Posts by mrprlover

VeroGroup is simply making the argument (and defending) from an economic stand-point. A profit is a profit.  An ebay seller puchasing at lower prices and hoping (i.e. speculation) to sell later for higher is simple business tactics. He/she is no different than the local Tony Romas, Kroger, Gap, or bicycle shop. He/she happens to be (like all business owners) fortunate (and sometimes lucky) enough to have the means, in both time and funds, and access to lower priced goods....
Strait up...those ties are quite hideous. Sorry. When it comes to selecting and matching ties, my belief is that "simple is better" or "less is more." Many people like to get caught-up in the details, patterns and/or shapes of a tie, often creating disaster and ruining an ensemble. The 'simplest' tie you have from the lot would perhaps be the Gucci #6 - the one in red. Red looks good with our complexion and if you work it with the correct shirt it's a done deal. e
Nice. You read my mind. I was just about to ask about Saks. I found one here in Miami today. Thanks.
LabelKing - The LV is the accessory pouch. Retail around $215.  It's the one most everyone has: a small rectangle, about 5x8. Monogram canvas, textile lining. Leather strap. I visited one of the department stores in nyc that carries them. Couldn't find any distinguishing marks/characteristics, though I wasnt really studying it just looking.  My girlfriend's looks identical. She could take it somewhere, but a part of her doesn't really care and would rather not know....
This might be semi off-topic but also on the subject of fakes. I felt this was the only place I could go for direction. One of my girlfriends bought a Louis Vuitton purse from an "insider"...Im not exactly sure where but not nyc. Does anyone know how to identify a real one, certain characteristics, and/or have any links/docs/info on the subject? Thanks all.
Fox: Interesting...I looked at those yesterday and although they look nice, I couldn't figure out what I'd wear them with. The leather looked okay though not particularily attractive or wow-ing. The somewhat chunky and Kenneth Cole-esque sole affirmed my initial opinion. I put them back down. They appear to serve neither purpose well. They're in the middle - the nice upper would be too dressy to rock with jeans and the sole too casual to pull with a suit/slacks. Maybe...
Whew...at least Im not the only one with smelly loafer problems. =] I picked up a nice pair in Barcelona about 8 months ago and had the same issues. Unfortunate for me, I couldn't quite figure out what it was until a bit later. (Picture a blood hound running around looking for an odor.) I can't say its a problem per se because the smell eventually settled. The odor is somewhere in the leather, though I can't exactly determine where. The only thing I've done is just wear...
Im posting this as "reference" for a future newbie that might come upon this thread later. I wasn't very familiar with the "invites" and "pre-sale" thing, but have since learned more. I went to the Armani pre-sale yesterday. Bascially, a staff member helps you out, picks pieces here and there that he/she thinks you might like or be interested in...then you decide.  The pre-sale usually runs about a week or so before the actual (public) sale commences.  You can't really...
I should have included this question in the original post but I forgot: When they say "private" sale, does this mean that only those quote invited can purchase at the sale price? Or does this mean that you can come by and look (i.e. set aside) certain merchandise and THEN purchase it when the official open-public sale begins?  Im thinking it's the latter, though Im curious how someone that knows about the sale, but lacks said "invitation", would go about purchasing...
Does anyone know when the NM, Saks, etc winter sales start this year?  Has anyone received the coveted *yeah right* "private" sale invitations? Not that I pride myself in knowing...but Armani 40% sales begin November 26.