or Connect

Posts by Pahreen

Do you guys have any recommendations for a relatively slim (31" true waist, 10" rise, 15" leg opening) brand of jeans that doesn't cost as much as APC NS (I guess I would be a 28 in NS), or N&F Slim Guy? To be perfectly honest, I don't really care about having raw denim (don't like fading, aesthetically; prefer dark indigo) or selvedge construction. Any suggestions for under $100? Levis 511 is too slim. Levis 514 is too baggy. Sorry for such a noob question.
If the pants didn't have pleats...
I'm still pissed I missed out on the Tellman frenzy on Yoox a year ago. Great shoes.
Quote: Originally Posted by ThatGuy Keep your head down for another 7 - 10 years... then start looking into partnering up with more senior guys who actually want to take you into their start-ups. Sorry, this is poor advice. Most analysts leave after two years (why investment banks hire so many undergrads every year). Staying 7-10 years at the same bank is pretty much unheard of. Even career bankers switch banks. Once you get to that level...
Quote: Originally Posted by panther2k Thanks for all the comments, guys. I'm definitely not under the false impression that I'll waltz in and knock things out of the park right away--I realize that my "experience" so far is very limited and not really applicable to any field outside of finance/IB/PE. That said, would spending 4/5 years in private equity really do anything for my understanding of how to run a business? From talking w/ buddies who are...
Quote: Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto How stressful is Wall Street? What's the typical bullshit you deal with on a regular basis? I regularly put in 110 hour weeks last summer. It sucks. This is pretty accurate (and funny): http://gawker.com/#!016011/the-bitte...t-banker-email
Quote: Originally Posted by Aaron 1. Find a small business problem/challenge that's not being addressed in the company you work for or one of your clients. If you're into computers, maybe some sort of process inefficiency. For example, there's currently no contact management apps for iphones that allows you to see the same information in your gmail. 2. Wait three hours until until your MD terminates your at will contract.
Stick to the track: But in all seriousness, if you didn't make it through PE recruiting a month ago, then you should probably stick it out. Banking sucks, sure, but it also develops serious skills and makes you marketable throughout the business world (at least for the most part). Finish your two years (while quietly looking exit opportunities). If you want to be "entrepreneurial," look at growth equity or VC. If not, go to business school. Trying to buy and...
PM sent for 10D PAs on Friday.
Quote: Originally Posted by bleachboy Brooks Brothers OCBDs aren't sized like "small". It's neck and sleeve length. They're probably sport shirts.