or Connect

Posts by bigchris1313

I have 3 comissions from Richard Lim. Love them all, even if the shoulders are a little more structured and the armholes a little lower than I'd like. My 1st Chan is due to arrive in May. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Quote: Originally Posted by pebblegrain the shape is off because he tied them tight at the top. +1. Bluchers don't look right when the flaps aren't roughly parallel. Both tight or loose can look right, but an angle never quite looks right. II = OK I I = OK I/ = NO
Quote: At places like the Edison, a swing-era-themed boîte in downtown Los Angeles, "cocktail attire" is unspoken but abided. "We're counter to the casual Hollywood vibe," said Edison principal Barbara Jacobs. While not altogether inaccurate, this made me chuckle. The Edison has--or perhaps had--quite the reputation for having a stringent dress code, but its rigidity appears to have dwindled as of recent. The first and last time I went about 9...
Quote: Originally Posted by Timeless Fashion Just curious if anyone has received their orders from the November tour... My basted suit arrived last week. And to think I was skeptical that it would arrive before March 13.
Quote: Originally Posted by JLibourel Did you get his prices for any other tailored garments, perchance? He used to be a helluva good bargain by all accounts and may still be for all I know. Any minor criticisms of his work should be balanced against this fact. In the past two years, I've commissioned two odd jackets and one DB suit from Richard Lim, all in the 9.5oz to 11.5oz range using his fabrics. All are worsted. One Zegna fabric; two...
Quote: Originally Posted by Odd I/O Didn't Alden increase their prices just last year? Yes.
This just showed up in my inbox: I appreciate them telling me this, but I still can't help but laugh. Price Increase Savings War is Peace Freedom is Slavery Ignorance is Strength
Quote: Originally Posted by sw20 Who are the world's wealthiest guys and what's their daily office attire? Neither tech kings in SiliconValley (even elderly guys like Jobs or Ellison) nor most <50yo hedge fund kings in MidtownManhattan or Greenwich or SF (or London) ever wear ties to office, let alone to dinner...ties are for low-income Luddites mired in 20th century attire....even jackets are largely ornamental as wealthy traders or engineers don't...
Quote: Originally Posted by SpooPoker I sure do miss Vox. +1