or Connect

Posts by bigchris1313

If you are looking to check the wedding tie box but want to do it at less than $80/tie, there are really only 2 options: Jos A Bank or the TieBar Jos A Bank's Glen Plaid Jos A Bank's Houndstooth Jos A Bank regularly cuts their tie prices 50%, so you're sitting at $35/tie. Sometimes online specials bring them lower--occasionally, $20/tie. The TieBar's Glen Plaid 1 The TieBar's Glen Plaid 2 The tie bar has you sitting at $15 per tie. There are options other than the...
Quote: Originally Posted by JLibourel I'm surprised that you think your 10-inch drop was a major problem for Chan. While I'm not as massive as you, I've had a 10-to-11-inch drop most of the time I have been dealing with them, and I've had no problems with the fit of the garments I got from them. I won't begrudge Chan the difficulty--somehow the combination of my drop + my shoulders + my proportions has always been troublesome. Basic RTW has...
Quote: Originally Posted by YoungAmerican I'm surprised to hear that. My assumption was that the sole difference between CMT and their standard offering was that in CMT, I provide the fabric. Again, I've never done it, but based on what I've read in some other threads, the a la carte system is what I understand. Coolal's thread I linked to above hints a little at it. Let's see if I can find the smoking gun... Here we go: this is the post...
Quote: Originally Posted by YoungAmerican They made it very clear (this was in talking with the receptionist/saleswoman) that there would be only one fitting. They did accommodate my requests and I'm looking forward to seeing the result, and they certainly didn't seem like they would refuse adjustments upon delivery, but it certainly wasn't either a "extra fittings for an extra charge" or "as many as it takes, we'll make a pattern from scrap cloth"...
A user recently asked me via PM to compare my Chan comission to my Lim commissions. This forced me to finally do the write-up I should have done a while ago. For Angelenos trying to choose between my favorite local Korean and the ultimate in SF-approved tailors, hopefully this rundown will be instructive: Quote: Originally Posted by bigchris1313 Hmm. Each have their pros and cons, and while I come out firmly on the side of Richard Lim, I am not...
Quote: Originally Posted by RSS Anyone going to watch him play polo in Santa Barbara on Saturday? Not for $4,000.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mister Shankbone AFAIK there is not. But a corporate card or corporate membership usually stacks with sales discounts, conceivably giving you an additional -15% to -20% off the price. What universe do you live in? I've never been able to successfully combine the corporate discount with any other sale, save the "2 for $X" deals.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jangofett So the birds wont be impressed by a Hermes Man togged out in designer wear. They will be impressed if Hermes Man buys them rounds of drink with E or Speed hanging off the small umbrella. Awesome.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord-Barrington lawschoolnumbers.com An always-sobering experience. But we all have to learn the truth some time. Man, was I angry when I found out that my prestigious small liberal arts college degree meant exactly zero to law schools.
Hypothesis: having wealthy Chinese/otherwise Asian parents is a superpower that can be used for good or evil. Example: Hermes Man could get on a plane to Hong Kong and spend the price of 3 of these T-Shirts commissioning a Chan.