or Connect

Posts by lifersfc

Quote: Originally Posted by haganah Consultants don't make anywhere near 175-200 that early in their career cycle. And a big law in NYC associate might make 160 or so. You've thrown some strange numbers around previously for other occupations. I just love your "optimistic" outlook on comps. I'll admit, my previous reference to large-cap PE associates making $400-500k was a bit of hyperbole. KKR is the only firm I know of where comp falls in...
http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2008/02/15/...08-salary-cap/ Looks like it is $160k. That's what I thought originally...
Quote: Originally Posted by haganah I love your salary figures. They are fantastic. Am I on the low side? Maybe it is $175-200k as a first year in BigLaw? Can't imagine it is more than that, given what they pay IB associates.
Sorry guys, I was seeing how many ridiculous, raving multi-paragraph responses I could get out of SG without writing more than a couple sentences myself. I think the OP got a good idea of what to go after, anyway. Sounds like Big 4 is the ticket.
Why not stick with being a consultant? Too much travel? If you stay at your firm for the 3 years you would have spent at law school, you will be making at or near the ~$150k that BigLaw pays while enjoying a better quality of life.
Quote: Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba this is quickly becoming a pointless argument. What i'm saying is that even on 65k/year its tough to pay for a house in a good neighborhood, a nice car, normal bills and taxes, and if you disagree with that, thats fine, maybe my standards are different from yours. Your sense of entitlement is sickening.
Quote: Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba You got it, have the house holds in the US would be BELOW average, so i'm certainly willing to be being sub-par is not living. I shouldnt need to enlighten you to the fact that average isnt "living" its average. I think you forgot about a few continents there, buddy.
This guy is not 250. And 5' 10" 190 is pretty damn muscular if you aren't carrying fat.
Led Zeppelin - All My Love James Gang - Funk #49 Audioslave - Sound of a Gun Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit Rage Against the Machine - Kick Out the Jams Tool - 4 Degrees Infected Mushroom - Sailing in the Sea of the Mushroom Pantera - I'm Broken (Live) A Perfect Circle - Sleeping Beauty Opeth - Isolation Years
This is comedy. I guess over half the households in the US are not 'living.'