or Connect

Posts by lifersfc

In my experience it has been well-worth putting the hours in to polish mine up and have several friends and colleagues review it. There are publicly available books of resumes from top business schools out there that can give you a good idea about formatting and content.
Quote: Originally Posted by bdbb Interesting analysis, but you only carry it out for three years after LS graduation. Most of one's earning potential is far out into the future. It's all about trajectory--it's the salary growth rate that really matters, not the starting point. I'm not sure it's a great idea to attend a law school outside the top 15, but if you really love the law and can devote yourself to being successful, why not do...
Quote: Originally Posted by haganah Consultants don't make anywhere near 175-200 that early in their career cycle. And a big law in NYC associate might make 160 or so. You've thrown some strange numbers around previously for other occupations. I just love your "optimistic" outlook on comps. I'll admit, my previous reference to large-cap PE associates making $400-500k was a bit of hyperbole. KKR is the only firm I know of where comp falls in...
http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2008/02/15/...08-salary-cap/ Looks like it is $160k. That's what I thought originally...
Quote: Originally Posted by haganah I love your salary figures. They are fantastic. Am I on the low side? Maybe it is $175-200k as a first year in BigLaw? Can't imagine it is more than that, given what they pay IB associates.
Sorry guys, I was seeing how many ridiculous, raving multi-paragraph responses I could get out of SG without writing more than a couple sentences myself. I think the OP got a good idea of what to go after, anyway. Sounds like Big 4 is the ticket.
Why not stick with being a consultant? Too much travel? If you stay at your firm for the 3 years you would have spent at law school, you will be making at or near the ~$150k that BigLaw pays while enjoying a better quality of life.
Quote: Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba this is quickly becoming a pointless argument. What i'm saying is that even on 65k/year its tough to pay for a house in a good neighborhood, a nice car, normal bills and taxes, and if you disagree with that, thats fine, maybe my standards are different from yours. Your sense of entitlement is sickening.
Quote: Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba You got it, have the house holds in the US would be BELOW average, so i'm certainly willing to be being sub-par is not living. I shouldnt need to enlighten you to the fact that average isnt "living" its average. I think you forgot about a few continents there, buddy.
This guy is not 250. And 5' 10" 190 is pretty damn muscular if you aren't carrying fat.