or Connect

Posts by lifersfc

Quote: Originally Posted by why They're all related. Picking volume and intensity and expecting to make progress by working out for 6 hours once every two weeks obviously won't work. Picking intensity and frequency makes no sense at all since there's no volume component. Picking frequency and volume makes no sense since there's no given intensity. The three are scaled relative to each other based on the program -- one isn't outright...
Thanks everyone. Anyone have any more tips for the W. Village?
I laugh at my own jokes or quips--but only when everyone else is cracking up.
Quote: Originally Posted by suited If you think you're going to get a starting salary of 65k right out of your undergrad at a big 4, you're dreaming. Tend to agree, given that Bain, BCG, and McKinsey started last year's classes at 65k + sign-on + bonus. Accounting has to pay less--the economics just wouldn't work otherwise.
Quote: Originally Posted by suited If you think you're going to get a starting salary of 65k right out of your undergrad at a big 4, you're dreaming. I have a friend that went to EY with his masters/cpa and wasn't making that right out of school. He's been there for several years and is right around 65k right now-and he's advanced much faster than the firm average (he's 26). There's a lot of money down the road to be made, but you aren't going to get a...
The three rules of any good training program: 1. Frequency, volume, or intensity. Pick two. 2. Incremental progressive resistance. 3. Periodic de-conditioning phases (one week every 6-10 weeks).
AG Protege one-wash Nudie RRDS ES Hutch AG Hero washed
Quote: Originally Posted by Grayland While diet is the most important factor in "getting big", it is still very difficult for the majority of men to put on great quantities of muscle. Many can get bigger, but only a few actually can get big. I don't think many need to worry about getting too big; it's a very gradual process. It's not like you're going to wake up one day and say, "Damn, I got too big, I should've slowed down the last few...
Quote: Originally Posted by beasty You have missed the point totally. Going to the gym and not getting big is like going to a whorehouse without a condom and not getting some disease. It is not natural and not right unless by going to the gym, you mean going to the gym to ogle at the same and opposite sex, putting your towel on the bench press machine while toying with your blackberry, discussing the latest Sex in the City Movie while ‘resting’. While I...
Quote: Originally Posted by beasty Anyway, your post is a contradiction in terms. Asking how not to get big while going to a gym is like Michael Phelps asking how not to win an Olympic gold while racing to the finish line. Being big is a natural consequence of going to a gym. Not unlike a pack of wolves ripping at a piece of meat or someone marrying Carla Bruni and wanting to have sex every night. This is just wrong. I can lift at 100%...