or Connect

Posts by Joel_Cairo

Quote: Originally Posted by Dakota rube WalMart's charitable contributions pale in comparison to Target. Is there any outside documentation verifying Target's "we give x% back to the community" thing? I've always seen that and thought "well there's a clever way to dress up 'you pay sales tax here.'"
Quote: Originally Posted by robin Saw this today online, thought it was appropriate. It's been a long time (too long) since I read a C&H strip, thanks for that.
Handsome lads Greg. Try not to blow their college fund on shell cordo booties and bespoke onesies. here's what I got: http://www.amazon.com/New-Annotated-.../dp/0393059162 I don't expect to leave the house for a good 4 months or so.
Quote: Originally Posted by Stazy I prefer scouting out local coffee shops. There was a great article a while back, in Reason I think, about the counter-intuitive "Starbucks Effect." At first glance, people would say "oh no, big business behemoth Starbucks is gonna trample local coffee spots." But in point of fact, local chains and independent coffee houses have been growing since the rise of Starbucks, largely because Starbucks introduced...
Quote: Originally Posted by thekunk07 better than starbucks, who gets a lot of undeserved good press. haha, yeah, I remember reading about how WalMart actually provides Health Insurance (a point they're always being attacked on) to a higher percentage of their workforce than the supposedly benefit-generous Starbucks (presumably because Starbucks has so many people working fewer than the required hours to qualify, or because they are youngsters...
These have been hanging around, unworn, for over a year now. I bought them, tried them on, thought "cool," and put them aside to go to the tailor's for hemming. They never made it. I just found them at the bottom of a pile and tried them on again, but I much prefer the fit of the LDB nowadays, so here they are. sold All the relevant specs, pics & info exhaustively documented here and here.
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire I love Walmart. I can't think of a single organization, except maybe McD's, that brings out the idiot in leftists. They just tend to say the stupidest, most one sided things about Walmarts. The thing aboutWalMart is that it's just so easy to demagogue. "ZMOG Big Box bulldozing Norman Rockwell!!!" I think there's a kind of communitarian argument there (and lord knows I think WalMart could do a lot...
Depends if you think of it in terms of WalMart's benefits to consumers or the harm it does to mom & pops (and arguably WalMart employees). On balance, I think its a net positive and the hatred is misplaced.
What ever happened to the Colementum that was building?
Ef this "Bret." I'm holding out for a Brit-replacement named "Brat," or possibly "Brot."