or Connect

Posts by Joel_Cairo

yes, completely unstructured. The only shoulder you see in the pic is the mannequin's.
bump & price drop. US sales only I'm afraid.
Borelli Napoli “Sorrento” unlined wool sportcoat. NWOT. MSRP $1440. $230 shipped CONUS Gorgeous golden wheat & strawberry blonde color, slubby textured wool, perfect for autumn 3-roll-2 button, patch pockets, tailor-ready surgeon cuffs, side vents Tagged 48 (38R US) 18.5 waist 20 across chest 18 across shoulders 30 collar down 24.5 sleeve
BNWT trim 40R Polo Tuxedo. All SF-approved deets: Single-breasted, peak lapel, dual vent, flat front, single button. MSRP $1295 Measurements are as follows: Jacket: Chest 21" Waist 19" Shoulders 18" Sleeve 26" Length 31" Pants: 16.75" across w/ ~3" to let in the seat inseam 34" outseam 44" I used to sell a bunch on here 3 or 4 years ago, but then life happened. I'm sure there are some old-timers who will still vouch for me though. Please see pix below, and excuse...
Yes, it is. We are more viscerally aware than anyone what a dishwatery flip-flopper he is, because he was governor here in one of his earlier, now unrecognizable iterations. The man's defining trait is his fraudulence. The notion that he could take MA rests on the assumption that Bay Staters are so powerfully attracted to GOP-base-pandering Romney that they will overlook his complete disavowal of MA-election-winning Romney. Not gonna happen.I say this as someone who voted...
Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan I do believe that the view that McK is in the "business of propping up diseased managements" is a bit unfair. At the least McKinsey helps many good to great companies perform better as well. In my experience there McKinsey is also fairly selective at working on meaningful projects or they will walk away. I liked her observations about the perverse incentives created by the law-firmization of the...
(sorry, had not seen this thread when I posted a link elsewhere. This seems an even better place to add this for discussion Highly recommend (McK alum) Yves Smith's post: "the problem with consulting is you are hired by the problem... The most profitable clients are the most diseased. And the corollary, as stated by a former colleague: McKinsey is in the business of propping up diseased managements." http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2011/...onsulting.html
Glad this came up. Highly recommend Yves Smith's post: "the problem with consulting is you are hired by the problem... The most profitable clients are the most diseased. And the corollary, as stated by a former colleague: McKinsey is in the business of propping up diseased managements." http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2011/...onsulting.html
Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt Having spent a few hours with him in a semi-social situation, there is no doubt in my mind that he is high functioning Aspergers. I had to tape him once for a bloggingheads (one of the few things he doesn't do is operate a fucking webcam). It ranks second only to the time I realized Christopher Walken was at the urinal next to me for my "All-Time Awkwardest Celebrity-Related Experience"
I once toyed with the idea of making a wiki entitled "Comprehensive List of Topics Upon Which Tyler Cowen Knows Everything" but realized I wanted to grow up and have a family at some point. His book about Autism is hilarious because he seems to come to an earnest "realization" that he is himself autistic. Anybody who reads his output or meets him for more than a couple seconds and doesn't know this immediately has to be an idiot. He's like how I imagine Rasputin must have...