or Connect

Posts by Joel_Cairo

BNWT trim 40R Polo Tuxedo. All SF-approved deets: Single-breasted, peak lapel, dual vent, flat front, single button. MSRP $1295 Measurements are as follows: Jacket: Chest 21" Waist 19" Shoulders 18" Sleeve 26" Length 31" Pants: 16.75" across w/ ~3" to let in the seat inseam 34" outseam 44" I used to sell a bunch on here 3 or 4 years ago, but then life happened. I'm sure there are some old-timers who will still vouch for me though. Please see pix below, and excuse...
Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan I do believe that the view that McK is in the "business of propping up diseased managements" is a bit unfair. At the least McKinsey helps many good to great companies perform better as well. In my experience there McKinsey is also fairly selective at working on meaningful projects or they will walk away. I liked her observations about the perverse incentives created by the law-firmization of the...
(sorry, had not seen this thread when I posted a link elsewhere. This seems an even better place to add this for discussion Highly recommend (McK alum) Yves Smith's post: "the problem with consulting is you are hired by the problem... The most profitable clients are the most diseased. And the corollary, as stated by a former colleague: McKinsey is in the business of propping up diseased managements." http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2011/...onsulting.html
Quote: Originally Posted by globetrotter on the other hand, your passport is the property of the government and can be taken away at any time, and then it is up to you to prove that you are a citizen. This is why I avoid Arizona.
Quote: Originally Posted by otc Once they get to that point, there aren't exactly people going around saying "hey you, get rid of that passport" This is how I understand it as well. I've been told that the law is actually conspicuously silent on multiple-citizenship. Basically, you can have it, but the US doesn't explicitly recognize it in most cases (Israel is an exception). The idea is that whatever else you may be is immaterial: in the...
dunno Pio. I was born here, so Jus soli made me American, and my other two are Jus sanguinis through my parents. I'm pretty sure my in-laws retained their Turkish citizenship when they got naturalized back in the 70s though.
Quote: Originally Posted by rjmaiorano I think its kinda fun to carry more than one. Especially when a US passport doesn't get you a ton of smiles in some places. carrying more than one is great. Whichever line is shorter at whatever airport, that's where you go. I just don't see the benefit of keeping both in one holder. Pickpockets, eggs in basket, etc.
I've got citizenship in the US, Norway & Germany. I don't get the need for one holder capable of containing them all. I prefer to keep them seprate actually; I feel like it looks sketchy to be flipping through them at security.
Quote: Originally Posted by GQgeek Who is the target audience is for these things, Joel? the internetz.
http://bloggingheads.tv/diavlogs/28248 Sorry I forgot to post a link to this when it went live last week. Just as relevant now though, and a better match-up this time around, IMO.