or Connect

Posts by mr. magoo

Quote: Originally Posted by GlenCoe Manhattan is my favourite, I also enjoyed Radio days, Stardust memories, Broadway Danny Rose and Annie Hall and but none of them really reach Manhattan level Generally agree with your assessment. I think Husbands and Wives is surprisingly effective; Manhattan Murder Mystery and Mighty Aphrodite are, IMO, surprisingly lame.
Quote: Originally Posted by Steve Smith That guy has potential. No doubt -- has decent comedic value. I can see him doing all kinds of stupid shit, mixed in with some brilliant, so they have to keep him around. He was a regular on the Gilmour Girls, so he's got the chops to be a regular on a TV show.
Quote: Originally Posted by MetroStyles Cool - maybe I'll give them a shot again. I remember three consecutive times I took friends to a Metrostars/RBNY game, the games ended in 0-0 draws. Way to win some fans over. Glad that things have changed. The stadium's also pretty decent and easy to get to from the City. Take A,C or E to Chambers, and hop the PATH to Harrison. Ride to Harrison takes about 20 minutes and accepts Metro(styles)Cards. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by MetroStyles Really? I haven't watched RBNY for a couple years now but quality used to be inconsistent and generally boring. This is good news. The coach (Bakke) has gotten the team to be fairly attack-oriented and move off the ball a lot more, which has helped things. The defenders, especially Ream (American rookie that may be on US soon) and Miller (Costa Rican national team) are very good at starting...
Quote: Originally Posted by romafan They could have been in the Shed End @ Highbury, FFS! Just to be pendantic, Highbury had the Clock End and North Stand. Shed End was/is at Stamford Bridge. Old Bridge had an end stand covered in corrugated metal (i.e., like a shed), whereas now it's just called the "Shed End." I found them strangely quiet, actually, and I like Arsenal. NY fans were much louder where I was sitting. But then I notice...
Quote: Originally Posted by ahe Does anyone else think Dr. Miller is Congressman Miller's daughter, the one who wants to run for president? I looked the name up and he ends up being Goldwater's VP candidate in the 68 election which fits in right. What's up with him "running a candy store," then? A euphemism?
Quote: Originally Posted by thekunk07 guess he'll be tapping the focus group broad when he gets himself together Quote: Originally Posted by lou I'm sure they are going to still work together. We'll see how they progress the relationship. Quote: Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me. I do think we're going to see Don flying straight from now on. Hopefully he will get his swagger back. My...
Quote: Originally Posted by Teacher I also didn't notice that was Betty in the ad. Nice catch. Sort of always figured he caught Betty when he was an exec. Hard to believe she -- Main Line model -- would go for a fur salesman who happens to do the stores advertising. She seems too country club for the non-exec Draper.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jodum5 It's furnished like shit though. Doesn't Don say that it came furnished? Most furnished places are furnished like shit. Not saying the symbolic analysis isn't correct, btw. Quote: Originally Posted by Baron Plus that aparmtent has 2 actual bedrooms (remember he had Lane go to the 2nd bedroom rather than his), plus a living room and kitchen. Not a dump by any means. Are you...
PM sent