or Connect

Posts by mr. magoo

Quote: Originally Posted by Butter I don't know what you were wearing in your photos, but the Esquire winner was wearing an over sized lavender double breasted suit....with no shirt underneath to collect his trophy... Same thing, naturally. Come on, most photos of anyone that isn't beyond reproach -- basically limited to the Duke of Windsor -- will get roasted here. Check out the Sartorialist thread for a running commentary. Even very...
Quote: Originally Posted by goodbyehorses And for anyone doubting Ross' character, he's actually a really nice, genuine person and I think you'd all feel pretty bad for judging him as a person if you knew him. Ach, people say stupid stuff behind the veil of the internet. As I've said here before, I was once pictured on "The Sartorialist," a relatively well known fashion blog who's author, Scott Schuman, used to post before he found the...
Quote: Originally Posted by aleksandr Sounds about right for me, I'm a 8E/8.5D. Must... resist. Stay away, you savages! I've been eyeing those for weeks, giddily watching the price decrease.
Quote: Originally Posted by Gorthaur Melwasul But what the hell was the last scene ? He wants to bang his secretary or just send her see the Beatles with his daughter as they are "close"? I took it that Fay is on the way out because of Don's dependence (i.e., don't get too close), and that he'll pounce on Megan or someone equally vulnerable soon enough. But I could be wrong.
Quote: Originally Posted by bcate3 I'm not optimistic about the Layne/Chocolate bunny storyline. Seems clunky. Last we've seen of her.
Quote: Originally Posted by edinatlanta what was the deal with his dad's coat? Shit was much longer than it should have been (past the hands). is that a certain style or type of coat? I took it to mean that (a) his father is physically diminished (i.e., has shrunk), but (b) that he was a large and imposing man. His suit coat was also too long and hung off his shoulders, you'll notice.
You're, what, a second year associate at a NYC BigLaw firm? Sounds about right. Enjoy, it's what you signed up for. Face it, those jobs are like being a resident at a hospital. Your life will come in your second or third jobs (smaller firms, in-house, non-profit, etc.), unless those jobs are also with BigLaw firms. Of course, you won't make more than $200k at those places, but that's the trade-off, no?
Quote: Originally Posted by Goldpfeil Guy I can vouch for Goldpfeil as I am the exclusive distributor in the USA and Canada! Your post means nothing without discount codes. Seriously though, sales on the Forum of damaged or returned good is always appreciated. And others have used the forum (notably, Gilt and The Sartorialist blog) to catapult themselves to fame and/or fortune.
Quote: Originally Posted by GlenCoe Manhattan is my favourite, I also enjoyed Radio days, Stardust memories, Broadway Danny Rose and Annie Hall and but none of them really reach Manhattan level Generally agree with your assessment. I think Husbands and Wives is surprisingly effective; Manhattan Murder Mystery and Mighty Aphrodite are, IMO, surprisingly lame.
Quote: Originally Posted by Steve Smith That guy has potential. No doubt -- has decent comedic value. I can see him doing all kinds of stupid shit, mixed in with some brilliant, so they have to keep him around. He was a regular on the Gilmour Girls, so he's got the chops to be a regular on a TV show.