or Connect

Posts by mr. magoo

Sorry -- having computer problems. Will re-post if it can be figured out. I really do hate Apple sometimes.
Quote: Originally Posted by FLMountainMan Being unable to marry is more difficult than being arrested and convicted of a sex offense for nudging someone's foot? But you're right, you probably know what's best for them. I can't believe this defense of Craig by asserting it was homophobia. He was attempting to have sex in an airport bathroom stall. I highly doubt his arrest by the MSP airport police was homophobically-motivated, just...
Your photos gave my pc a virus.
Quote: Originally Posted by Stewbone Do you know what part of Stl your be moving to? If it happens, we'd probably be in U City or one of the closer neighborhoods (Central West End, Tower Grove, etc.) Quote: Originally Posted by impolyt_one be rich and white (better yet Jewish) and you should be okay, provided you like things to be very, very boring. I'm white and married, so things are already very, very...
It looks increasingly likely I am moving to St. Louis from the NYC area. I'm not from the area, but have visited a couple times to interview for a new job and to look around. I have the basics down, such as having to answer that I didn't go to high school in St. Louis, public schools suck, that Delmar is big dividing line and that the pizza has weird cheese on it. What other interesting and unique things do I need to know about the city to evaluate the move and to...
Quote: Originally Posted by Achilles_ Turtle necks? Brits call turtle necks polo necks.
Quote: Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum So only working-class people can stand up for the rights of other working-class people? When I was a kid, there was a trend in protest movements to "dress up" for protests: generally be neat, wear dress pants, maybe a tie. The reason was to suggest that protesters were serious young people, not just dirty, angry hippies, and that the message you were trying to espouse had "broad" appeal. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by burningbright Can anybody speak about their experiences with Asheville, NC? I know somebody mentioned it briefly in here but didn't have much to say about it. I passed through the place while helping move a friend from Chicago to Greenville, SC and liked what I saw. Kind of struck me as a sort of strange cross between a bohemian artsy town and a retirement community though, which is a weird combo. My sister loves...
Quote: Originally Posted by javyn Because they paid into it? People often forget the elderly worked and paid taxes before being elderly. Kind of like how people forget that the "99ers" are not third generation welfare recipients but people who have worked all their lives and put into the system only to be called welfare whores and losers when they got laid off and needed help. Social Security isn't something you "pay into" like a pension. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by Don Carlos +100 This is a sacred cow that nobody will want to cut, but our level of military spending makes little modern-day sense. We don't have the enemies, the need, or the money to keep spending at current levels. We won't be able to outspend China indefinitely, or even much longer, and trying to do so will be a supremely and disastrously foolish move. The US spends more than the rest of the world combined...